What type of vacuum do you use?

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am vacuum shopping and am wondering why bagless are cheaper then bagged? That makes me very curious? I am looking at a remanufactured Hoover, windtunnel bagged, 6 month warranty, for a great price!
Basically my question is what type of vacuum do you use? And what brand?

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eureka Boss 4D.
I LOVE this thing.

Seriously, shop around, you'd be amazed at the deals you can find, woot.com had a Dyson slim up yesterday for $249

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Truthfully, I have 3 vacuums that I never use, and all of them are bagless. I haven't been able to talk hubby into a Dyson's though so I can't say anything about them. I want to actually borrow one from someone and try it in my house before buying one. I'm currently using MIL's old canister vacuum that is about 20 years old and needs a new cord (duct tape is a wonderful thing) but it is the only thing I have found that can pick up after 6 cats and 4 dogs! The bagless ones I have to empty the container out after 5 minutes.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will NEVER go back to bagged. It's just not worth it!

I will however advise you against a cheap Bissel. I haven't even had mine for a year and it doesn't have any suction. I've had a horrible time finding someone to fix it. I've taken the entire thing apart and it still doesn't work

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a Kenmore bagless, a Kenmore canister, a Simplicity and a central vacuum system. Of all of them I like the Kenmore bagless the best.

Yes - I like to have backups in case one of them is on the fritz. I burn thru vacuums pretty fast with my gang.

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a Dyson Animal. Its the only vacuum that I've had luck with getting my Jack Russel's hair out of the carpet. They're pricey though.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've got a Dyson, and will never use anything else I don't think. We used to have a bag vacuum, and I prefer the bagless - it's easier to tell when it's full, and with the clear canister, you get more satisfaction out of seeing how much you've sucked up!

2 of our neighbours bought Dysons after our rave reviews, and love them. One of the ladies was saying how her husband loves to vacuum now and has to exclaim every time how much he loves the Dyson.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dyson Animal DC 17 (absolute) here!
It was my wedding gift from DH and i LOVE it!!! I totally enjoy vaccuming now! (never thought i'd say that
It's awesome on picking up fur and totally helps my allergies/asthma!!!
Well worth every penny!
I'll never use anything else - this is by far the best vaccume i've ever had! http://www.dyson.com/store/product.a...ct=DC17-ANIMAL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I've got a Dyson, and will never use anything else I don't think. We used to have a bag vacuum, and I prefer the bagless - it's easier to tell when it's full, and with the clear canister, you get more satisfaction out of seeing how much you've sucked up!

2 of our neighbours bought Dysons after our rave reviews, and love them. One of the ladies was saying how her husband loves to vacuum now and has to exclaim every time how much he loves the Dyson.
A few have recommended Dyson, and it seems Dyson is the top bagless vacuum. What is the major advantage of bagless? Do the Dyson models have filters that require cleaning and eventual replacement? I have had Hoover bagged units last 10-15 years, first bagless, filtration unit last 2 years..........

The more I look into it, unfortunate for me, Dyson seems to be out of my price range at this time as well.........

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Eureka The Boss SmartVac 4870 (it's an upright) and I
it!
I use bagged because I have allergies and bagged vacuums are supposed to be better for allergy problems. I used to have a bagless Kirby and I hated it. It spewed as much dust as it vacuumed.

Consumer Reports rated my vacuum vs. the Dyson and it outperformed the Dyson, even on pet hair. I've had my vacuum since 2004 and it's still going great. I use it several times a week. It's also a fraction of the price, coming in at under $150 usually.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Consumer Reports rated my vacuum vs. the Dyson and it outperformed the Dyson, even on pet hair. I've had my vacuum since 2004 and it's still going great. I use it several times a week. It's also a fraction of the price, coming in at under $150 usually.
Not just Consumer Reports, but other consumer testing agencies as well.
Maybe this will help you pic the vac for you:
http://www.consumersearch.com/www/ho...cuum-cleaners/

wingss2fly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a central by Erueka, It has a power head plus other small attachments.
I like the no dust kicking up in the house. If I had my own house I would build one in from the start. I only have 2 out lets, I need one more. Oh well.
K

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a 10 year old Oreck that works really well on "Butterbean hair" (nothing else I have tried does). It's a bottom of the line Oreck, and my mom got one for $150 a couple of years ago. I have to have a hypoallergenic bagged vacuum because of allergies too. I also have a little cordless, bagless vacuum ($35?) with a brush roller that doesn't do a bad job for quick touch ups and does a pretty good job on getting cat hair off the furniture (it's also a handheld when you take the handle off), but I'm not at home and I can't remember who makes it
. I also have the Consumer Reports vacuum ratings if you would like me to pm them to you- maybe by then I'll remember the name of my "touch ups" vacuum

Okay, here's my stick vac, it's a Eureka Quick Up:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...0070921x00003a

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
the best vacuum depends partially on the type of flooring you have. i have wall-to-wall linoleum, & have a Eureka Mighty Mite canister vac - works fabulously! the link is not exactly the same as mine, but that's the closest i can find...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

I have a Eureka The Boss SmartVac 4870 (it's an upright) and I
it!
I use bagged because I have allergies and bagged vacuums are supposed to be better for allergy problems. I used to have a bagless Kirby and I hated it. It spewed as much dust as it vacuumed.

This is actually one that I have considered! Thank you! I prefer bagged as well, easier disposal and longer vacuum life in my experience.........As well as allergy friendlier.

mz kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I did a lot of research before I replaced my old Hoover, and the Bissell Healthy Home (bagless) compared to the Dyson at half the price. $279 is not exactly cheap, but it's a lot better than paying for a Dyson. I love it and it picks up cat hair that I never thought I had! Love it.