Anyone get a new iPhone?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was trying to get one, but decided to wait to go with DH at lunch time since my current phone is in his name. We got there and the guy 2 in front of us got the last one!

We tried the 2 Apple stores near us, but they both had HUGE lines. I tried another AT & T store after dropping DH at work, but no luck.

Hopefully tomorrow morning we can get there early and get one
I'm very excited - I've had my phone for 2 1/2 years and not only have I hated it for all that time, but it keeps rebooting in the middle of phone calls!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope. I don't even have an old iPhone, and don't really want one. There's such a thing as too connected.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, but I really want one! Hopefully one of these days..

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want one also but will wait. My Sisters friend was the 10th person in line last night. Our Real Estate Agen didnt get one because they were gone by the time she got in the store. They only had 100 and she said there were so many people in line.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Its not worth getting one in NZ - they cost 199 but you have to have a 2 year plan attached to it - at 250 a month, which comes to 6000. No thanks.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have an iPhone, so i won't be much help. Sorry! (They just seem a bit too pricy to me).

At the moment, i'm using my ancient old blue nokia phone
Fosters made a toy out of my hot pink Razor a few months ago and destroyed it, so since then i've been using my old school Nokia
(it still works well after all these years too!) The plan is to use it a few more months (probably until September) when Colin's phone plan is up for renewal so he can add me and we can have a family plan. I'll get another phone then when we do that
Still not sure which one i want yet, but i don't want to go overboard since i use it maily just for talking and texting. I do want a picture phone though! We don't have a home phone, so we use our cells for everything.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't even have a Cell Phone, let alone an old i phone or a new i phone. i phones and cell phones are luxuries I simply can't afford at this time. I keep hoping I'll win the lottery though, then I can have all of the cool things everyone else has.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Its not worth getting one in NZ - they cost 199 but you have to have a 2 year plan attached to it - at 250 a month, which comes to 6000. No thanks.
Whoa!!!!! The cheapest plans for the iphone here are $60 month, which will more than do my needs!

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

hehe, I don't even have an "old" iPhone!
Neither do I! The new ones seem to be better, and are much cheaper - I'm glad I didn't get the first model!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I atually work for AT&T (not the cell phone division though, I work on the phone book) and we got an e-mail today that we are not allowed to buy one! It's for the "customers" first. Uh, sorry, if I would want to buy one, I think that makes me a customer too

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, that's crazy! How dare a company use the product they sell

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Wow, that's crazy! How dare a company use the product they sell
no kidding, you'd think that would be the best form of advertising, but noooooooo

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh yeah, I'm in the heart of Silicon Valley, and you've never seen so many geeks all lined up before (except maybe when the first iPhone was released!).

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What's the deal with the iphone? Are they better than a Blackberry?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I don't even have a Cell Phone, let alone an old i phone or a new i phone. i phones and cell phones are luxuries I simply can't afford at this time. I keep hoping I'll win the lottery though, then I can have all of the cool things everyone else has.
Hey girl, it's all a matter of priorities. You have beautiful pedigree cats that some of us here would give our eye teeth for. I know I'll never be able to afford a Bengal myself. As for cell phones, i phones, I'm not big on them. I do have a cell phone but I have the cheapest plan available - emergency use only. I only want to be able to contact my hubby, daughter or the auto association if my car breaks down or I am delayed so they won't worry about me.

Hubby likes all the electronic devices and we have some but only because he works for Panasonic and gets great employee discounts, otherwise we wouldn't have those either.

just1cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Blackberry is the way to go. I love it

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

I think it's much better - easier to use. DH has a Blackberry and we both find it hard to navigate, the buttons are small, and web browsing is slow. I borrowed a friends to see how it worked and it was SO easy to use,the typing was much easier, zooming in and out on pages is easy, it has better features, and the new 3G network will make it so much faster.

I'm now holding off on getting one since I spent $350 on Saturday at the vet for foster kittens!

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend is wanting to get one and give me his old iPhone, but I'm happy with my Samsung, though having google maps is nice but most of the time it gives bad directions. Point is my Samsung I got a year and a half ago, about the same time he got his iPhone does everything I need it to do (text messaging and phone calls). He only wants the new iPhone because he can look up webpages a few seconds faster than on the one he has now. *sigh*..That's all he does when we're at dinner (surfs the internet), its annoying. My friends boyfriend and his little brother does the same thing, has to always be playing with it. Sometimes I hate technology. Maybe I'm just a bitter old lady for my age (23) haha