OMG - I might need a sweater today

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After a week of temperatures around 105 F (40C), it is only going to be 85 F (29 C) today!
I might actually be able to be outside for more than 5 minutes before I am dripping in sweat.

Not to worry. The forecast for the next few days is for temperatures in the 90's. Well, that is still much cooler than 105!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have alot of humidity with those temps?? I wilt at 85F eek I could never survive upper 90-100 degree weather.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would be horizontal and unable to move in temperatures like that. I really cannot take the heat. I'd rather it be cool - I can always slip on a sweater or light jacket but when it's hot there's only so much one can take off before one is arrested.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Do you have alot of humidity with those temps?? I wilt at 85F eek I could never survive upper 90-100 degree weather.
We hardly ever have high humidity and that would be in the winter. It is very dry here. But even without the humidity, 105 is still really hot.

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So much for our summer - today it has been about 14 degrees as usual, rain, cloud and windy.

What happened to the sun

And tomorrow is meant to be even worse.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only going to get to 101 here today.
Currently it's a very chilly 84.

Monsoon season is here and came on in force last night with deadly high winds, rain, very, very loud thunger and lots of cloud to ground lightning strikes.
So of course it's a very muggy 84.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lauracatlover

So much for our summer - today it has been about 14 degrees as usual, rain, cloud and windy.

What happened to the sun

Aw... Here's some sun for you!

That's how it was for me until a week ago. Well, less the rain, which we could really use, and add smoke to those clouds! So I'm really glad it's warmed up (though what ever happened to a happy medium??) finally here, so hopefully it will for you, soon, too!

And I heard that the weather would keep getting cooler until Sunday... Maybe I heard wrong? It was just on the radio while I was at work! It just figures, because we have a company picnic for my husband's job tomorrow in the city!! So if it's "cold" around here, it'll for sure be cold there!

Glad you guys are cooling down a bit, Butzie, you've had the heat bad!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lauracatlover

What happened to the sun

We got to about 17 degrees Celsius today. Going down to 13 degrees tonight. It's been cool and rainy today. Some wicked thunder storms passing through the area. Supposed to be worse tomorrow with more storms and winds gusting up to 60 kph.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

We got to about 17 degrees Celsius today. Going down to 13 degrees tonight. It's been cool and rainy today. Some wicked thunder storms passing through the area. Supposed to be worse tomorrow with more storms and winds gusting up to 60 kph.
Linda, I'll send you some of our heat. We've been in the high 20's and low 30's for a few weeks off and on - I don't like it. Give me 21-23 and I'm a happy camper. At least it's been going down at night to make sleeping easier. Last night we had the bedroom window wide open and the bathroom window to get a cross-breeze. It was lovely but still too warm. I woke in a sweat about 4 am with no covers on me. I thought it might just be my "power surges" but hubby is finding it too hot to get a decent sleep as well.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the term power surge-I'll have to remember that!!

Its 78F(26C) now and dew points are increasing-its at 66F (19C)when it hits 70F one can feel the mugginess but the humidity level isn't too bad and there is a good breeze which helps out-the weatherman predicted 90F today but the high is only going to reach 82F-no 90F yet this summer thankfully!! All the rain we have received (another 1/2 inch this monring) helps hold temps down too.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Linda, I'll send you some of our heat. We've been in the high 20's and low 30's for a few weeks off and on - I don't like it. Give me 21-23 and I'm a happy camper. At least it's been going down at night to make sleeping easier. Last night we had the bedroom window wide open and the bathroom window to get a cross-breeze. It was lovely but still too warm. I woke in a sweat about 4 am with no covers on me. I thought it might just be my "power surges" but hubby is finding it too hot to get a decent sleep as well.
I'm the same way. We just had two hot and muggy days, but it's currently 63°F/17°C, and is supposed to be 71°F/21.6 °C tomorrow and 60°F/ 15.5° C on Sunday.

I hope it stays so cool for at least a week!