Question of the Day- July 11th Friday

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry about last Friday's question of the day. Ooops.
I forgot!

How do you feel about Thunderstorms? Do they frighten you, fascinate you or do they even bother you at all?

I absolutely love thunderstorms. I love the lightening, the boom from the thunder, the rain smells so good and the wind is awesome. The bigger the boom the better. If I could safely sit under my big oak trees and watch the storms I would.

I open all the windows and doors in the house and sit out in the cat enclosure with my kitties and just watch the storms roll in. I will admit only the very bravest of my crew sit with me. Well he's deaf
but I consider him brave as well.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also love thunderstorms. I love the smell of the rain, the sound of the thunder and the way the lightning lights up everything for just a second.

Any sort of weather excites me. I love the drama. Hubby thinks I am weird because I think that sunshine is boring.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well we are having a mild Tstorm now and have had alot of them this summer.
I don't mind them unless the power goes out!! The lightening and thunder are better than high winds and hail that accompany most of our storms.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

I'm so sorry about last Friday's question of the day. Ooops.
I forgot!

How do you feel about Thunderstorms? Do they frighten you, fascinate you or do they even bother you at all?

I absolutely love thunderstorms. I love the lightening, the boom from the thunder, the rain smells so good and the wind is awesome. The bigger the boom the better. If I could safely sit under my big oak trees and watch the storms I would.

I open all the windows and doors in the house and sit out in the cat enclosure with my kitties and just watch the storms roll in. I will admit only the very bravest of my crew sit with me. Well he's deaf
but I consider him brave as well.
I like them, especially at night when in bed. Alley is afraid of them but that makes her try to snuggle even closer to me for protection.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I absolutely LOVE them! I usually go outside and watch them as long as possible without getting soaked, LOL. I love taking pictures of the clouds before the storms too.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I used to love them when I was growing up in NY. But we hardly have any in the Bay Area. Yes, some of the fires in the state are caused by lightening but around where I live they are few and far between.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love the rain, BUT when I´m at home, because I can take care of the Furkitts....
furthermore, they scaried after a thunders they run under the beds...

chadsgirl374

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love thunderstorms - it's the perfect time to curl up on the couch with Sunny and watch an Alfred Hitchcock movie. Sunny and my ferals are terrified of thunderstorms. We have built a cozy spot for my feral babies to go to feel safe, secure and dry. Sunny is just happy to be curled up next to me

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh, thunderstorms! I LOVE THEM! So does the DH. I feel very safe for some reason when it's thunder and lightning out. We just love to watch "lightning shows" out the window. When we were driving back from NC, we got a "lightning show" the entire way
If it's raining without thunder and lightning, I'm rather disappointed and think it's boring and dreary!!

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone in this house LOVES Thunderstorms.

Well the Cats get the large freaked out pupils when its the big thunderstorms with lots of thunder.

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They make me nervous.
I always worry about it getting to the point of a tornado so when they get really bad they scare me.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

I also love thunderstorms. I love the smell of the rain, the sound of the thunder and the way the lightning lights up everything for just a second.

Any sort of weather excites me. I love the drama. Hubby thinks I am weird because I think that sunshine is boring.
Except I only think overcast is boring, not sunny days. That's part of why I love my summer road trips back east- I get to experience some of this thing you all call "weather". So yeah, I'm FASCINATED by thunderstorms, though also leary of them. They can kill ya, after all! I like watching them from inside where it's safer.

Originally Posted by butzie

Well, I used to love them when I was growing up in NY. But we hardly have any in the Bay Area. Yes, some of the fires in the state are caused by lightening but around where I live they are few and far between.
Me, too! That's why I have no idea how Evie would do with them, she's never experienced one! In fact, I'm not sure my dog, Peach, who I've had for 10 1/2 years, has ever really experienced one! Last one we could see from our place was many years ago, and it was so far off, you couldn't hardly hear the thunder, and the lightening was only flashes, couldn't see the bolt.

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it all depends on where I am and how bad they are. If I'm at home I enjoy cuddling up with Mitzi and watching them through the window, but when we went to Florida back in 2004 the thunder shook the ground. Now THAT was scary!

But yeah, I do like them, if they are like really bad

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They make me nervous. friend's house and we were in sleeping bags on her living room floor when a storm came in. Lightning hit very nearby and shattered the huge picture window in the living room. Glass flew everywhere. It was only the fact that we were huddled down in the thick sleeping bags that kept us from being cut badly. I was terrified of storms after that. I've gotten better as an adult, but they still make me nervous.

mbrcpr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh I hate them! I don't like loud sudden noises, and we get tornadoes here so that freaks me out. We also regularly lose power when there's a bad storm, and I don't like that either. And the basement floods. And it makes the back yard muddy so the dogs can track it in. Yeah, I'm not a fan of storms!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to be scared of them when I was very little... the noise still makes me jump tho' I am not afraid of the thunder and lightning per ce... just the threat that they pose, including tornadoes, high winds and hail. Oh, and power outages.