Vibes for Luxor

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
again - it really seems that he always gets into trouble. he ate the butt of a fur mouse in .06 seconds Wednesday night and this morning (Fri) he threw it up along with everything else he had eaten since then. We gave him a little bit of baby food and now we are going to have him fast until later this evening so his stomach can settle (he'll still have dinner, just no snacks today). I just hope he didn't eat anything else.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
For poor Luxor...
...I hope feels better soon...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a quick update - he spent the morning trying to find the perfect spot to sleep where his tummy didn't hurt (I'm assuming) and he found it - between my legs with the sun beating on his tummy.

After a while i had to leave to do some errands and I just got back - went on puke patrol (none) and found him sleeping in the cabinet above the stove - I think things are beginning to look up....

optionken

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You can give 1//4 tab of pepcid ac (not plain pepcid) 2x a day for upset stomach.
That should help

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by optionken

You can give 1//4 tab of pepcid ac (not plain pepcid) 2x a day for upset stomach.
That should help
We don't recommend giving any type of medication not recommended by a vet and particularly human medications. Sometimes vets will recommend a "human" medication but they will be more knowledgeable about dosage amounts and ingredients. Some ingredients in human medications can be lethal to cats.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, I would have hated to give him anything that was going to hurt him.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Luxor, you silly boy! I hope you're feeling better soon. You wouldn't consider learning from this experience, would you? No, I thought not.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I gave him a little food earlier and so far so good - he didn't want baby food, he wanted Stoli's food.......

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for your vibes - Luxor is back to his old self again and I'll be counting down the days to when he does it again - of course, it's inevitable.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad he is feeling better. I hope he learned his lesson. No more eating strange things.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, I'm glad Luxor is feeling better. I hope he learned his lesson, too, though if he's anything like Polly he probably didn't.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh the poor little boy... Strange how they never seem to learn
Looks like he'll need closer supervision, or VERY large toys with no detachable parts
I'm really glad he's feeling better now