Moved to LA with kitty.... nervous about earthquakes...

newsocalrn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know nothing can be done but prepare... make a kit with cat food and her medical records, etc, etc but is there anything else I can do to ensure her health and safety if an earthquake occurs? I have lived in the LA area before, but not with a pet, so I am pretty nervous about this.

Any tips are welcome!!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Make sure she is microchipped.
I agree. Also a collar and tag with your cell phone number would be a good idea as well. You might want to leave the cat carrier sitting out somewhere handy, but not in the way. That way if something happens you won't have to dig it out of a closet or something.

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In addition to everything mentioned above, make sure the cat kit includes water, or that the human emergency supplies include extra water for the kitty.

shanynne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cloud_shade

In addition to everything mentioned above, make sure the cat kit includes water, or that the human emergency supplies include extra water for the kitty.
and some food too!

Great suggestions everyone!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

newsocalrn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks everyone for suggestions! Im in the process of updating her microchip address, getting together her latest vet records, etc. Im going to get a big bottle of water and a ziplock bag full of her food and put it in her carrier in addition to the records and put it somewhere convenient. For the poster who had a kit, what was included in that?