Kitty tries to eat my hair!

totorocat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Last night as I was trying to fall asleep, Toby plops down next to my head and starts chewing on my hair!

This isn't the first time he's gone in for a snack.. he has snuck onto the back of the couch a few times while I am watching TV for a taste of my locks. We've also seen him groom my boyfriend's head a couple of times

Does anyone else's kitty have a taste for human hair? I don't think he's actually ingested any.. I usually shoo him away because well.. i know he eats his *own* fur but it would just be gross if he ate mine!

We've had Toby for 2 months now and every day it seems like he comes up with a new habit that makes me scratch my head in wonder..

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I had a kitty that used to like to eat my hair...but only when it was wet. Go figure...
My cats only chew on my hair when it's wet too. I don't let eat it though.

wingss2fly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a cat who will groom my head if I let her. But my hair just gets too wet and then I smell funny.

All of them like to play with my grand daughters hair, but hers is long.
K.

emeraldsongbird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if hair could harm a cat or not, considering they have enough of their own..

But Bella... well, my hair is REALLY long, and if it dangles in the wrong way, she attacks! She bites and claws at dangling pieces, sometimes catching some in her throat and having to swallow. But, and this is gross, she doesn't seem to have a problem digesting it, if you know what I mean. lol Interesting things will you find in the litter box.

Anyway... I don't think Bell has a taste for it, perse, she just attacks and bites anything that moves.