Birthday coming up and I wanna get something

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well my 28th is coming up at the end of the month and I wanna do something just for me. So I wanna get something pierced. I have been thinking of ideas for 2 years now but I have not gone through with any of it. Partly because I can never make my mind up between 3 things. My husband is pretty on with piercing for the most part but we get into iffy territory when it comes tattoos.

So here are the 3 things:

A tragus:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tragus_piercing
This one I have been thinking about for at least 2 years.

Inner Conch:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conch_piercing
http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Inner_Conch_Piercing
This one has recently caught my attention. I like the look and placement and would fit in with my other ear piercings.

And last is my navel.
I have had this done before when I was 15 and took it out when I became pregnant the first time. And I have recently lost 30 lbs. But my tummy is still not flat and that kinda holds me back. But I have had a piercing fanatics to go ahead and do it if I want to. But I don't know.

So which do ya'll think?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a fan of too much on the ears- I just have 3 on each lower lobe -one of my friends got the tragus piercing done a few yrs back and had such problems with it she took it out- so i dunno about that one. I've had my naval pierced since i was 16 though and love it- so i'd definitely recommend that one!
They always look good and are kind of slimming in a way too!

(Mine and DH's birthday is on the 29th! We missed you by a day
)

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Out of those? I'd Chose Inner Conch.

I've had my Tongue Pierced since I was 18. Could do that

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

Inner Conch:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conch_piercing
http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Inner_Conch_Piercing
This one has recently caught my attention. I like the look and placement and would fit in with my other ear piercings.
From the way you talked about your thoughts, it sounds like this one is the one for you! The navel you've already done. The tragus you didn't sound nearly as interested in.

Just remember, we need pics of the final decision.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

(Mine and DH's birthday is on the 29th! We missed you by a day
)
My b-day is 7-29

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Piercings on the cartilage of the ear can be problematic because of the lack of rich blood flow. Tragus is especially hard to heal. A a former professional piercer, I would go with the inner conch. It doesn't get so smashed if you roll on it in your sleep, or get caught in a hairbrush. That is if you are serious about doing something on your ear. The navel can also be a good option, you can show it or not.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welll call me an old fuddy duddy but a do not have any piercings at all.
Just not my thing though. However that being said it your body and if there is a part you want to do something with go ahead.

My birthday is the 26th and if I wanted body work done I really would like botox in the big forehead wrinkle!!

chadsgirl374

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Go with the navel. It can be very attractive. You can also decide who sees it. I had mine done for my 30th b-day. My father was beside himself and decided that he needed to lecture me. We are very close and I explained to him that since I was 30 and out living on my own, I could pretty much do what I needed to do. I don't show mine often, usually at home.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let us know how it goes
I picked one for you. My husband is actually encouraging me to a get a tat, but I can't, I think it would hurt too bad. Why is your husband iffy on tat's?

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've heard tragus piercings are one of the most rejected by peoples' bodies. One of my friends has a rook piercing. (Looks like it was painful) They were suprised she didn't squirm or anything when they did it, she claims its because she had gotten three tattoos before that, at the time. She went in to get a tragus piercing and they recommended the rook instead because her tragus was probably going to reject it after a while. I'd probably go with the conch from the three on you list. For some reason I've always wanted a helix piercing but it seems like everyone and their dog has one. Below is a link to what a rook piercing looks like. Ouchie! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rook_(piercing)

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like all of them...I just got my tongue pierced two days ago but will be going back to get something else...after my tongue heals...DH is getting his labret done at the end of this month! I will probably get something else done at that time too! Good Luck with whatever you decide!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My b-day is 7-29
Oh that's funny! I read your post too quickly! When i read it the first time i thought you said yours was on the 28th! Now reading again i see you said "my 28th"
That's neat- we all have the same birthday!

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

Let us know how it goes
I picked one for you. My husband is actually encouraging me to a get a tat, but I can't, I think it would hurt too bad. Why is your husband iffy on tat's?
Its just the way he is. He does not have any and never really had a desire for them. I already have 5 total. Usually for me to get one we have to have nice long talks until he caves. What really did him in was I got 2 at the first of the year within a month of each other. After that I made a deal so to speak (because it just freaked him out) that I would wait a good while before getting another tat. But I told him I would get pierced instead (less permenate). Tho I have all mine since I was like 13.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fuzzles

I've heard tragus piercings are one of the most rejected by peoples' bodies. One of my friends has a rook piercing. (Looks like it was painful) They were suprised she didn't squirm or anything when they did it, she claims its because she had gotten three tattoos before that, at the time. She went in to get a tragus piercing and they recommended the rook instead because her tragus was probably going to reject it after a while. I'd probably go with the conch from the three on you list. For some reason I've always wanted a helix piercing but it seems like everyone and their dog has one. Below is a link to what a rook piercing looks like. Ouchie! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rook_(piercing)
I have seen rook piercings. Something about them just doesn't sit right for me. As for pain and what not. I think state of mind comes into play. If you walk in to get something done with the mind frame this is gonna hurt it probably will. But to come in with the frame of mind this is not gonna hurt at all it probably won't. I try to go in with a friend to have someone to talk to while I get the work down. But I know so many people in the shop that I really don't need that.

Here is another piercing I like but my piercing has never done one and is uncomfortable doing it:
http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Ragnar_Piercing

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd go with navel - it could be a real motivator for exercising that tummy!

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

I'd go with navel - it could be a real motivator for exercising that tummy!
Yes I can see that but there would be an extended period of time when I could do any tummy exercises. I could be looking at 2 mths or more (depending on how fast that piercing heals). Thats kinda the downfall of that.

So it looks like I narrowed it down to inner conch or tragus.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

Let us know how it goes
well, i don't think tats hurt that much, myself - depending on location. kinda like scratching a bad sunburn...

So it looks like I narrowed it down to inner conch or tragus.
of those 2 choices, i'd do inner conch. but i voted for navel - i like things that i can hide if i choose [like for job interviews, etc.]

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
An inner conch can be almost unnoticeable with the right jewelry. For obvious reasons a CBR is hard to hide but a short barbell or labret stud it would almost be unnoticeable. Put in a clear retainer and no one would know its there.

Originally Posted by laureen227

well, i don't think tats hurt that much, myself - depending on location. kinda like scratching a bad sunburn...

of those 2 choices, i'd do inner conch. but i voted for navel - i like things that i can hid if i choose [like for job interviews, etc.]

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What about a nice purse? Or dinner out somewhere nice?

I used to have my tongue and nipple pierced as well as multiple ear piercings. Took them out aaaaages ago because I decided I no longer liked them, and can't believe I was ever brave enough to do it.