Question of the Day - July 10th!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you still friends with any of your childhood friends?

What made me think of this question is that I just found one of my best friends on the internet the other day. It's so nice to be talking to her again!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeppers, actually two of my best friends are right from grade 3...two are from grade 9 and one from college days.

Three of them are in my wedding party. We are all still very close.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup. My friend Sharon and I have known each other since we were 12. (And that's a looooooooong time ago.)

My mom - who is 91 - lost her best friend in October. They were friends for 85 years!!! 85!!! They had spent time far apart, as Zona (her friend) was an Air Force wife, but in the 70's the family moved back to Minnesota, and got a house half a block from my mom!

Throughout the years, they shared so much. I think her death affected my mom more than my dad's death.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really had no best friends until college - and that was 30+ years ago.

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Bestfriend whom I have known since I was 5. Is the farthest back. We hang out at least once if not twice a week.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nanner

Yup. My friend Sharon and I have known each other since we were 12. (And that's a looooooooong time ago.)

My mom - who is 91 - lost her best friend in October. They were friends for 85 years!!! 85!!! They had spent time far apart, as Zona (her friend) was an Air Force wife, but in the 70's the family moved back to Minnesota, and got a house half a block from my mom!

Throughout the years, they shared so much. I think her death affected my mom more than my dad's death.
Wow, that's such an amazing story!
to your mom.

My childhood best friend and I met the summer before first grade when we became neighbors. Sadly, we're not really "friends" anymore, but since out parents still live next door to each other, we still run in to each other and catch up a couple times a year.

Beyond her, I have two close friends from middle school, one from 6th and one from 7th grade.

You know what they say "Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver, the other gold!"

Great question!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, one of my bestest ever friends!! I wish she lived closer

I would love to catch up with old friends again though!!

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a friend from when I was in sixth grade and another friend that I've been friends with since 7th grade. The one from sixth grade is starting to be less and less of a friend though. She got mad and threw a fit that I and everyone else (other friends) are moving away from our hometown to get better jobs and such (she tried giving me a guilt trip
), but she dropped out of college when we all kinda told her not to do that but it was her choice. I think she feels we are all leaving her in a sense. I've only been gone for a month and now she hardly talks to me, never calls me, while the friend from 7th grade stays in contact with me on a weekly basis sometimes bi-weekly basis.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Being a navy brat, I never got to keep the same friends for long when I was younger. I did keep in touch with my best friend from junior high all through school and after, until she was killed last year. Other than her, there is nobody.

mbrcpr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sort of. I had a friend from the time I was about 3 years old until she dropped out of school and I lost track of her. She sent me a Myspace message a couple years ago, but hasn't signed in again. My mom saw her about 8 or 9 months ago but hasn't seen her since. So she's still around, but I have no idea where and don't know how to get ahold of her. All of my other friends are newer. The oldest ones are from high school. None of us have really seen each other since high school, just keep in touch on Myspace.

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I havent actually finished my official 'school life' yet lol
But I am still sorta friends with a girl I've known since I was about 8 and another girl since nursery.

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, actually I do, she lives in Houston, but are still very much in contact and she comes home once every year!!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No...not unless you count my siblings and cousins. We moved about once a year when I was growing up, so I really don't have any lifelong friends.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I met my best friend Crystal when I was 5, and we're still friends 16 years later
We did have a few years where we lost touch, but once we got back together as friends, we were inseparable for a few years! Now she lives in IN, and I live in SC, so we haven't seen each other since the end of 2004. I miss all the good times we had, but we definitely reminisce when we chat.

I'm also still friends with a girl I met when we were 7. We were pretty close until she moved away without a word! Her parents were going through a nasty divorce, so it didnt surprise me she gave no warning on leaving. We too lost touch for a few years, but thanks to myspace and all that, we started talking again a couple years ago. She just got married, and I wish I could have made her wedding but she lived in MO when she got married, and just moved out to WY.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still am very close with a guy I dated briefly in high school, about 33 years now. He is also my DH's best friend, and we met him at different times. He and his new bride are coming to visit on Labor Day weekend, and I am so excited.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My best friend and I have been buddies since middle school.
I have a few other friends from around that time that i've kept in touch with well and we hang out on occassion.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not friends with anyone from my younger years....most of them made "unsavory" life choices (i.e. drugs & alcohol) that I choose not to make a huge part of my life.

tallulah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I still have my first schoollfriend, we met aged 4yrs old and 37yr later we are still great friends.