Hi, New and Scared

indys mamma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi

I recently gained my first ever cats.

Mabel is a stray/feral, we are fairly certain she has been abused (more scared of men than women) and a vet check confirms old injuries consistent with being thrown out of a car. Anyway, we got her spayed and have released her back into the garage as she wasn't happy in the house, though she still comes to the back door and yells for food every night!

I also got her son, a kitten about 6 weeks old (10 weeks old now) that I called Indy after the adventurous Dr Jones. He is an absolute darling and now very much a people cat. He is being kept as an indoor cat as when I move he is going with me to a city and I think it would be cruel to let him get used to outdoors living and then restrict him.

here's a couple of piccies

Indy and Mabel when still uncaught strays

Indy now he's my baby and such a sweetheart

oh my name is Cat btw
(Catherine) ironic, huh?!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I am so glad that you, Indy and Mabel, have joined our wonderful community of caring people who love cats. Please make yourself at home Cat.

As you learn your way around our site, if you have questions, I would be happy to help you. Feel free to contact me by clicking on my user name, then send a Private Message.
I will get back to you asap.

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello & welcome to tcs. Your kitties are gorgeous. Glad Indy is an indoor only cat with that lovely pink nose. Don't want him to get skin cancer. Look forward to see more pics & hear more about them.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww! Welcome to TCS! Mamma cat looks like a Siamese mix! So, when you move, what will happen to her? She's accustomed to being fed by you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

indys mamma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
if Mabel decides to like me she may come too, if she still likes being outside too much then my mum will continue to feed her, I currently live with my parents til I get a decent job.

here's a slightly better pic of Mabel, with red-eye :p

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS! You will find everyone here to be very helpful and friendly, I hope! This is great community, and people are always ready offer advice and encouragement! I hope you enjoy being a part of TCS!

wingss2fly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Indy is too cute for words. Welcome to all 3 of you. I like the name Mabel, it is such a sweet name for a cat.
K.

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS!
We are so glad you have joined us!

If I can help you with any questions you have about the site, please click on my username and send me a message.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! You have found the best cat site around!

We have a lot of support and advice to give here. Our members are always ready and willing to help you or just chat with you. We also have a game called KatKwiz (cat quiz), designed for newcomers just like yourself, which teaches you things about The Cat Site and also allows you to win lots of points. (It also teaches you what points are.) Just click on the here link below to learn more. Glad you decided to join us!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
to TCS! Indy is adorable, and Mabel might still come round and decide to move inside.

If you need any help, don't hesitate to contact a mentor or moderator. We also have a forum for specific questions about navigating your way around here: Forums How-To and FAQs

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your gorgeous furfamily to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions