July Contest: Noses and Whiskers and Tongues...Oh My!

Status
Not open for further replies.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're doing a new series of contests starring....YOUR KITTIES!

The theme for July is Noses and Whiskers and Tongues. The photo's focal point or main point of interest should be your kitty's nose or whiskers or tongue.

Rules: Only one photo per member can be submitted, but you can change your mind and post a better picture throughout the submission period. You must own the rights to the photo (i.e. if you didn't take the picture, it's not yours), it must be clear, not photoshopped (although basic altering, such as cropping, brightness, etc. is allowed), and applies to the theme of the month. No cats can be harmed for the purposes of this contest! Mildly annoyed, yes, but not actually harmed (pretty much goes without saying). The winner will be chosen through a narrowing down process by the site team to the top 10 submissions, and then a popular vote via poll by the members will choose our top 3 winners!

Please be sure to tell us the name of the kitty(ies) in the photo, for award/future purposes. The photo size should be 480x640 (pixels) or larger so we can use it for print.

The prize will include, points, a custom signature and bragging rights for having the first, second and third place Ms. or Mr. July. The 1st place winner will also have a copy of the 2009 Cats of TheCatSite Calendar sent to them when it's finished. The calendar will include at least the top 3 place cats (possibly more depending on how close the votes are) from each monthly contest!

We also need to mention that winners may be asked to email full sized versions of the photograph to a moderator, and winning images will be used for future TCS projects made available for purchase to other members and the public (see above).

Deadline for submission is July 23, 2008.

All members, moderators, admin, and site owner are eligible for this contest.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
EEP!! My favourite part of a kitty! I have so many tongue photos it's not funny...

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OHHH! I love this one!!!!!!
I know just the pic too! *happy dance*

This is Cody:

This is one of my best pics ever, it's like you are looking straight into a cats soul! It has such a surreal feel to it. *sigh* I am still thinking about studying photography...

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Miss Sadie's pink nose.
Edit...I don't know where the original picture is, so don't choose Sadie's picture...just enjoy.
Good luck to all of you.

proudmomof3cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here is Tubee's "I want to play wrestle" face. He does it every time he wants to wrestle with us or one of the other cats.

Hope you like it!

Manda

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oo! This will be fun! Since I've only had my kittens for a short time, I don't already have any photos like this...gives me an excuse to take more!
Molly has the most fascinating whiskers...they are faintly striped just like her body. I wonder if I can get a good picture of them!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

My submission....for now. It's not very clear.
Originally Posted by KatKisses

OHHH! I love this one!!!!!!
I know just the pic too! *happy dance*

This is one of my best pics ever, it's like you are looking straight into a cats soul! It has such a surreal feel to it. *sigh* I am still thinking about studying photography...
What are the names of these gorgeous kitties??

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No little pink tongue, but a little pink nose and some long whiskers instead
?

Butterbean

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally have a perfect one for the competition!

Chay and his cuuuuute little nose, whiskers, and fangs!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my responses to these photos:

Awwwwwwww....

Ohhhhhhhhhh.....

Heee heeeeeeeeeee.....

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm....

And .... OMG

LOL

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, I
that piccie of Patra...

...But I also
that cutie pic of Chay, and Butterbean...

OMG who has the job of choosing the winner! How can you decide!

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Omigosh they are ALL adorable! When I get my own kitty many many years down the road I'll enter him/her in every one of these contests (assuming you'll still have such contests
)

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's my submission (for now) Stanley and his loooong wiskers...I know we have more tongue pictures...

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to try to get a good picture of Riley for this, but for now I'm entering my RB kitty Stinky. I just love her little nose in this pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.