*****KatKwery! - July 9 - 3 more winners*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got to tweak these secret words a bit to make them more of a challenge (and to keep from running out of points before October 1.)

CatKiki used help and won 700 points. Luvmycat1 was the first to use about for 700 points. Meanwhile, Marianjela used the word past and won the same number of points. And, we had a brand new winner; BelongstoEvie used seen. Not used was fun.

Take a look at the standings by clicking on KatKwery Standings, in the lower right of my siggy. There is all kinds of time to still end up in the top eight and be in the playoffs.

Here are today's questions which can be answered anytime up to the time I post the next KatKwery and we have seen winners that were able to use one of the remaining words even though they were the tenth to answer.

Are you to the point now that you can use Members List, including the advanced search function? Did you already know about being able to sort the various columns in Members List by clicking on them? Do you have photos of each of your cats in the Your Cats selection and maintain up to date info? Have you had any problems in posting pictures of your cats in the Your Cats feature of TCS? A lot of members do not have any pictures of their cats on TCS; why do you suppose that is?

The latest standings can be seen by clicking on KatKwery Standings below.
And now I need to send our winners their points.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I've got to tweak these secret words a bit to make them more of a challenge (and to keep from running out of points before October 1.)

CatKiki used about and won 700 points. Meanwhile, Marianjela used the word past and won the same number of points. And, we had a brand new winner; BelongstoEvie used seen. Not used were help and fun.

Take a look at the standings by clicking on KatKwery Standings, in the lower right of my siggy. There is all kinds of time to still end up in the top eight and be in the playoffs.

Here are today's questions which can be answered anytime up to the time I post the next KatKwery and we have seen winners that were able to use one of the remaining words even though they were the tenth to answer.

Are you to the point now that you can use Members List, including the advanced search function? Did you already know about being able to sort the various columns in Members List by clicking on them? Do you have photos of each of your cats in the Your Cats selection and maintain up to date info? Have you had any problems in posting pictures of your cats in the Your Cats feature of TCS? A lot of members do not have any pictures of their cats on TCS; why do you suppose that is?

Yes, I'm getting a lot better at searching the member list. In fact I used the advanced search function today. I only have one cat but his photo is on my cat page. He has some friends too. I always get excited when someone has sent me a cat friend request. I had a few problems trying to change the picture before. I really couldn't guess why some members don't have a picture of their cats on TCS. Maybe they are new and don't know how to put one up and haven't got around to asking yet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes, you can find all kinds of good information using the advanced search function. I know that quite a few members did not know how easy it was to sort after first doing an advanced search. I only have two cats so it is easy to keep the photos up to date, and I do update the information from time to time. At first I did have problems with posting the right size and after I found the right size I had no problems and of course used that information in a subsequent KatKwiz. It could be found out exactly how many members have pictures and information about their cats but I am going to guess that only about 20% of our members have each of their cats posted; I suppose it is because of problems they may have had or they do not know how, or because they are too busy with the many other features of TCS. Personally, I spend a lot of time reading about other member's cats and enjoy that feature very much, I do wish others would take advantage of this great feature!

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love pictures, so it's great when I can see everyone's cats through their profile... since it shows every time you post.

I like reading about other people's cats. When I read something about them that I can relate to or something similar to my cats, it brings a smile to my face. There are some great arrival stories out there, some very touching!!

What is that "friends" thing that our cats page have though? I don't really understand that. I think many people aren't aware of the "Your Cats" link, so they don't have their cats' pictures posted. Otherwise, they would. That... and we're all so busy reading the forums that we forget to explore all the features of this site.

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think I can navigate the Advanced Search of the Member's List pretty well now, thanks to the recent KatKwiz questions! And yes, I did know about sorting with the different headings on the list. I like that feature better than searching, actually, if I'm just looking something general. I was just able to post pictures of my cats for the first time last week, but I had been clicking on the link hoping I'd have access to it ever since I joined! I really wanted to be able to have pics of my babies up by my username! I don't know why people wouldn't have their cats photos in Cat Central. It's fun to read about other people's cats, their arrival, favorites and quirks!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Meanwhile, Marianjela used the word past and won
Thanks Lee! I guess a little persistence does pay off

I dont have any trouble using the Member's List and find myself always using the advanced search function. I love it! Makes my searches so much easier, and I love the information I discover. I was aware of being able to sort by columns, but probably because I am such a big internet shopper - LOL - I am always searching eBay by date listed or buy-it-now... also am famous for searching Wal-Mart or other sites by the "list cheapest first" Anything to my my life easy

So I am always on the lookout for ways to list items.

I do have pictures of my cats posted and even cheated and added one of my dog - who thinks he's an overgrown lap cat! I even held a special photo shoot for the sole purpose of posting their mugshot on my cat page
I have browsed through the "Cat Central" to see all the kitty pics, but also had a good time reading all the names. There are some clever ideas out there! I also enjoy reading about some of the cats of the people I am getting to know out there and enjoy reading the arrival stories. Some are very heartwarming. It's also interesting to see the ages of some of the cats and learning about their biographies. I dont think I am anyone's cat friend, but I have seen other cats have friends and I thought that I once tried to add someone as a friend, but now that I look back on it (you know I just tried to do it) I think I did it wrong. But will now have to go grow my list
Kinda like MySpace if I had one

As for how many members DONT have cats added, I wouldnt have guessed the percentage was that low. It seems that I always see thumbnails of other member's cats with their posts. But of course, I just went and looked and the first thread I clicked on - not one person had a thumbnail. Hmmm.... My guess is that they dont realize how easy it is. Or that adding a cat actually shows the thumbnail with their posts. I bet they look at other people's posts and wonder how they got there!
Or maybe they just dont have the time to mess, or have a camera available, or editing software to size or crop their pics... who knows. I thought it was a fun addition. I like seeing the cats because it helps me remember who's who with the ever-changing signatures, the cat photos dont change as often. I keep my cats info updated, but then again... I have not been around forever and just created/added them not too long ago... well, I was here 3 years ago but went on a long hiatus. And that was before a lot of the new fun features and additions.

Ok, I guess I've gone on enough.... who knows if one of those words qualifies - lol

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

yes - altho i've used the advanced search option elsewhere before now, lol... knew about the sorting thing, too... got
of all 5 current cats & 1 RB cat in my cats pages... haven't updated for a couple of months, tho. i have no idea why someone would not have
of their cats on TCS... unless they don't have access to any digital photos to use

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

And, we had a brand new winner; BelongstoEvie used seen.
Wow, thank you!! I'm excited. This is fun and I intend to play as often as I can!

Thanks to the KatKwiz and Kwery, yes, I am proud to say that I just found out we have a member list!
Don't know if I should be proud of that, actually...
I did know about the search function, and the advanced version of that. With all the questions I've asked, I'd feel terrible if I hadn't searched already! What I didn't, and still don't know, is that the advanced search is connected to the member's list. Or maybe I'm still confused.
Since I only just found out about the member list after reading this set of KatKwiz and Kwery, I can't honestly say I "already" knew about the ability to sort it.

Again, another KatKwiz/Kwery success story! I had no one idea about the "your cats" section. I had noticed some people had pictures of their cats, but assumed it was either a premium member or a top cat member feature, and though I enjoyed seeing them, never even considered that I could do it, too! I also never noticed that they were clickable.
So, thanks to the wonderful Persi and Alley, I now have cat pages!
Naturally, my best guess as to why others don't is the same reason I didn't- they are unaware of their ability to have it. Or, like Marianjela says, maybe they don't have the ability to take, upload, or resize pictures.

Yes, I did have some problems making my cat pages (which I just did a few minutes ago!). The first one I made was Evie's (since she's my kitty, the others are only fosters! Anyone want a kitty?
), and I didn't know that the picture had to be small already. I'm used to the website my husband made for me, which automatically makes thumbnails of the pics when it needs to be small. So, I uploaded a gigantic picture of her, and the whole thing was messed up. Then, I tried to upload a much smaller version of it, but it wouldn't delete or change the picture that was there. So, I ended up having to delete the entire page and remake it, but this time with a very tiny size picture. Of course, when I did all the X-Packs' pictures, I made sure those were small!

Phew, long post. You can tell I'm learning lots!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

CatKiki used about and won 700 points. Meanwhile, Marianjela used the word past and won the same number of points. And, we had a brand new winner; BelongstoEvie used seen. Not used were help and fun.

I can use both! The members list and the advanced search! Although Im pretty sure I got there a little early by paying for a membership! (I couldn't handle not being able to not have an icon! ) I do have my cats all up on my cats page, even my rainbow bridge baby Glitch is up there for all to see! I love when the catbot sends me messeges asking to approve a friend, but I havn't gotten any new ones in forever! My cats page is not however very up to date, if you look at Eek, you obviously know he's grown since then!
He's so cute in that picture I dont want to change it though! Some people do not have pictures of their cats on their computer, and Im pretty sure you have to be a member for a certain length of time before you can have your My cats page! Other people probably just dont know how to do it! I had no clue when I started out! So you're going to tweak the secret words huh?? I hope I still use some of them!