Concerned about cat when she defecate...

roxanne

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, don't laugh at my drawing, but here you go:

Well, I was watching my cat go to the bathroom ( out of curiosity ) and when she was defecating, I noticed this red thing around her anus... is that even normal? I don't see any blood on her stool but this got me concerned. Is there something wrong???

It didn't look like blood to me, but more like a red tissue... from inside her anus maybe?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

roxanne

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's a bit loose, not as firm as it used to be - but it still retains it's shape though.

mlynn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Don't be too worried. She could have just been straining. If there was no blood I don't think there is anything to be worried about. The inside of a cats anus is red colored so if she was just pushing too hard that is what you could have seen.

If you are worried take her to the vet and he should be able to help you more.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
worth a vet check but likely normal

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a cat that had that. I dunno what it is though, maybe hemrroids? I never took mine to the vet for that particular issue, never seemed to hurt her. If you are really worried about it though, it would be worth a vet visit for a piece of mind.

I passed it off as kitty hemrroids (older cat) and watched for any signs of pain, which never happened.

Hehe, don't let your kitty find out about the 'portait' you drew of her! She may claw your eyes out, LOL!