1 week and not gaining as much weight? PICTURES included!

delaney75

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone...the babies turned a week old yesterday. Their weights from yesterday to today all of them have only gained 0.2 ounces. They have gained so I know that is good, but they have been gaining about 0.4 per day. Right now their weights are one at 7.2 two at 7.0 one at 6.8 and one at 6.6.

Two of them are starting to open their eyes. One with one eye full open and the other eye open a little. The other one just has one eye open a little.

One is trying to walk, she is the big one of the group she keeps standing up on all four and wobbling everywhere and falls over it is so cute.

I also know where the term cat fight comes from now when girls fight by batting their hands at one another. The kittens would do that fighting for Momma's nipples...so cute seeing little kitten paws batting at each other.

Okay well please let me know if any of you think I should supple, or once they get to this point they don't gain weight as much as the first week? I am just worried since Mia is so small and yesterday when I went back it just seememd like they were always feeding on her...but they were all content not scuring around looking or anything.

Okay now for some photos from the week. All we have names is Momma so far, Mia. Have a list of names for the kittens. We may keep two and adopt out all the others...but that could change. LOL! So any idea on names would be great. There are two that look like twins. Very hard to tell them apart, except one still has the umbilicord attached it is all dried up but I am not going to pull it off. I know it will fall off when ready. So for the twins I was thinking Mocha and Cocoa. For the orange one we were thinking Simba. Disney names is a theme with our animals. We just lost our cat Nemo so that is out.

Okay as always everyones help is most apperciated!!!

Photos!!!!!!!

1 day old, the two twins are on the right, both girls, then orangie in the middle, boy and then two on left, girl is on the bottom and boy is on the top. Her markings run horizontal on her back, quite interesting and longer hair. I am pretty sure I got all the sexes right.

1 day old, I love the one that looks like they are holding on for dear life...or like splat against the wall with her arms streched out. LOL

1 day, here you can see the markings on the female...almost like a skunk back. I have fallen for her and most likely will keep her with the orange one.

2 days old

3 days old

3 days...your turn to be the covers...

4 days old

5 days old, with Mia

6 days old... love the little faces.

6 days old

6 days old and feeding time

Hope you all enjoyed the photos!
I am enjoying watching them grow up!!!

whitepwny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awwwwww soooo cute! They are precious! I bet you are enjoying watching them grow! I can't wait to see what my kits will look like!! *melts*

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Your kittens look healthy to me. My kittens are now 8 days old and weighed them last night and the biggest is 6.2 oz, Runty is 5.1. They all have gained and all have eyes open (started opening at 36 hrs old LOL). They all have full bellies too and are very content. Being that all 8 were in one tummy leads me to believe that they will be a tad bit smaller than normal, but they've been doing great so far.

crbramel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
your kittens are just too cute for words. I can't wait to see my cats little ones.. Congrats. They look really healthy as long as they continue to gain weight I think they will be fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

delaney75

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by skewch

Your kittens look healthy to me. My kittens are now 8 days old and weighed them last night and the biggest is 6.2 oz, Runty is 5.1. They all have gained and all have eyes open (started opening at 36 hrs old LOL). They all have full bellies too and are very content. Being that all 8 were in one tummy leads me to believe that they will be a tad bit smaller than normal, but they've been doing great so far.
Thank you Skewch...that is what I needed to hear.

They are adorable, I love going in there and watching them in the box trying to stand up and wobbling around.

Two of them are starting to open their eyes...that is another thing.

I just can't wait till they start the daily kitten play!

Mia has been doing really good, she still has a bit of bloody discharge. Nothing much so I am not really alarmed. She is eating and drinking and read that she can still discharge some blood for the first week.

Thank you for all the cute comments...

clueless

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are SOOOOOOOO cute

I love how theyre all striped and then theres the little orange one...it must feel special haha

wingss2fly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's hard to belive how mine were ever that little. Your sweet peas look fine. Coats look good, and they don't look like Mamma is starving them. As long as Mamma is eating, drinking, her milk will be good. If it's hot at your house you may want to offer Mamma some fresh water more. I know when its hot I change the water bowl 5 times a day. And when I refill it, everyone has to come and inspect it, if not drink. Just relax, by the pictures all looks well.
K.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are very cute! I can see why you would love the little one with horizontal stripes - she has awesome markings! You are doing great.

Keep up with the picture taking!

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMG thanks for all of the tons of pictures! They are too cute for words. I wish they could stay kittens forever but they are just as cute when they are all grown up.

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am in
with the one with the 'thick' tabby pattern & the white on its face.

They are ALL adorable tho. & that orange one...

OOOH... I look forward to more pictures.

meechie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
wow your cats are cute and huge compared to my little chip.. he was 5 oz at 5 weeks old.. he was a preemie not sure how early he was since I didn't know cookie was pregnant when I rescued her from outside this winter.

Does your orange cat have hands for paws like an extra finger? my bizou( french for kiss) my oldest male cat (neuteured) came from a litter exactly like yours 4 grey sisters and him the only male organge cat.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
your little classic tabby [the 'horizontal' one] is going to be drop dead GORGEOUS as an adult!