Question Of The Day - Wednesday, July 9th!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Summer is upon us!

What is your favorite summer meal?

I love a good chicken salad. I have a great recipe that has chicken, apples, grapes, celery, romaine lettuce, toasted pecans and mayo. It's great as a salad, and yummy in a croissant sandwich. I think I need to make up a big batch tonight...ymmmmmm!!!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Funny you mention salads because i've just had a lovely salad with baby new potatoes, little gem lettuce, ham, tomotoes and cucumber, all smothered in salad cream
I should have had a bit crusty bread as well though

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Corn on the cob, grilled hockey pucks (filet mignon wrapped in bacon), grilled anything, cherry tomatoes right off the vine

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Summer is upon us!

What is your favorite summer meal?

I love a good chicken salad. I have a great recipe that has chicken, apples, grapes, celery, romaine lettuce, toasted pecans and mayo. It's great as a salad, and yummy in a croissant sandwich. I think I need to make up a big batch tonight...ymmmmmm!!!
Something cool (and easy to make) like a submarine, hoagie, torpedo, dagwood sandwich, etc.

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is this place (Panera) that in the Summer Sells a Tomato & Fresh Mozzarella Salad (of course THIS year they put a kibosh on that great salad with the 'great american tomato salmonella scare' which deprived me of this wonderful salad thus far)...

Vine-ripened tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, red onions, fresh basil, salt, pepper & balsamic vinaigrette, over freshly-baked focaccia

Heavenly

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you guys are trying to make me gain weight with all these delicious food questions lately... I love it!

My all time favorite summer food would have to be soumen. It's a Japanese dish, cold noodles in a bowl of ice water, you dip them in "tsuyu", an almost soyu-like sauce with green onions and seasame seeds. Takes about 5 mins to make, and is cool and refreshing!

Pair that up with a salad, grilled corn on the cob, fresh fruit, and anything BBQ, and it's summer for sure!!

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll have to agree with all of you with Corn on the Cob... OMG...

At Family Summertime BBQ's forget all that other junk... fill my plate with a few ears of corn and I'm good to go

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! Corn on the cob!
Fresh Michigan fruits: blueberries, cherries and peaches in particular
Locally field-grown lettuce - amazing how good it tastes when it's not trucked in from someplace 2,000 miles away
Anything cooked on the BBQ

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Basically anything off the bbq. Our dinner last night was really good. We had bbq steaks, baked potatoes and green beans with garlic and butter made on the bbq.
It was so good.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Warm Chicken and Bacon Salad with Caesar dressing....

Followed by Belgian Waffles and ice cream, topped with sliced banana

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Beef with salad!...
in a barbeque....
Rigel, always the carnivore, right!

I love corn on the cob, too. We have a farm stand near here with the best fresh corn and tomatoes. I love them, too, and no salmonella.
I love making fruit salad with summer fruits. Sometimes we just have that with bread. In fact, it is so hot today that I may make it tonight.

Anything on the BBQ, too, especially chicken in my homemade sweet chile BBQ sauce.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have to agree with corn on the cob-I planted a goodly amount in the garden and should hopefully have a good crop due to the rains we've had.

I like when my tomatoes are ready and make a good BLT. Artisan bakery bread, mayo, my tomatoes and lettuce and Neuske's bacon(made in Wisconsin) (or I suppose another premium bacon would do).

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

...cherry tomatoes right off the vine
aka Garden Candy. There are six vines about 20 feet from me, with fruit all over and the first ones are red.

As for what specific meal, well I'd have to agree with "grilled anything" -- there's so much that's wonderful, it's impossible to single one out.