Chloe is such a little hunter...

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A grasshopper made its way into the house. Poor thing. Chloe wouldn't just eat it, she had to bat it around the room for a good 15 minutes and played with it before it made its way under one of the baseboard heaters. She continued to paw at it but it had finally escaped, although very injured. I wish the poor thing had just died quickly.

Anyone's cats find any treats for them lately?

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday it absolutely poured it down and Mitzi was off on the hunt for a frog. And the way she was 'playing' with it was too much for him, so I bought Mitzi inside and moved the froggy out of the way.

It was also making a weird screaming noise as it was hopping away from her?

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sakura

I wish the poor thing had just died quickly.
Yes, I wish the same thing for each of my cats' preys. They all "scream" when the cats "play" with them and it breaks my heart.

roxsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A couple days ago Roxy found a lizard on the porch. She bats the lizard around and chases it until the poor thing can;t do anything else but breathe! Then she leaves it! (doesn't even eat it!) I try my hardest to save them if I can, lol.

Last night, Stitch found a spider and was trying to play with it and eat it. DH stopped her though, lol!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sakura

A grasshopper made its way into the house. Poor thing. Chloe wouldn't just eat it, she had to bat it around the room for a good 15 minutes and played with it before it made its way under one of the baseboard heaters. She continued to paw at it but it had finally escaped, although very injured. I wish the poor thing had just died quickly.

Anyone's cats find any treats for them lately?
Just gnats, those pesky little things that like to hang out around your face, driving you (cats) insane. Persi's mouth is busy trying to catch them in mid air and he does catch them and eat them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by roxsam

A couple days ago Roxy found a lizard on the porch. She bats the lizard around and chases it until the poor thing can;t do anything else but breathe! Then she leaves it! (doesn't even eat it!) I try my hardest to save them if I can, lol.

Last night, Stitch found a spider and was trying to play with it and eat it. DH stopped her though, lol!
If I had known Chloe was doing this, I would have stopped her too....my SO was the one who told me about it.

There are moths that flock to the windows at night because of the light inside and she goes nuts trying to get them. She will even climb up the screens. She does her little frustrated-chirp thing that she does (same sound she makes with the laser pointer). They are probably laughing at her outside the window.

emeraldsongbird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bella hunts EVERYTHING that moves, and I do mean everything. She's not allowed outside... so she sits at the window and jumps up and down batting at bugs on the outside. If a bug gets inside, God help it! She can pinpoint a tiny fly in the air and snatch it right out of the air!! But I'm glad. I hate the thought of her eating a bug.. yuck. But, she's my protector. I'm not a bug person, so if I see one I call for her, and if it moves, victory is hers!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We get those hug Palmetto bugs, yuck! The cats have a ball with them,and I don't stop them. They hunt them like they are the best toy ever.

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
During the warmer months we have pantry moths in the house. They drive Blossom & me nuts.