I got a purr!!!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WOOHOO!! One of my little strays purred for me tonight! He's been the most laidback and friendly, and I just started patting him last night. Just now when I gave him a rub, he started purring almost immediately, rolled over so I could rub his belly and licked my fingers. He is SUCH a love! We had a good snuggle

Now for the other 4...

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh how nice a purr. I don't want to bug you as I did in the other thread but I really gotta see these little cuties you have.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

WOOHOO!! One of my little strays purred for me tonight! He's been the most laidback and friendly, and I just started patting him last night. Just now when I gave him a rub, he started purring almost immediately, rolled over so I could rub his belly and licked my fingers. He is SUCH a love! We had a good snuggle

Now for the other 4...
One cat at a time - where have I heard that?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katie=^..^=

Congratulations! How old is your little love bug?
They're 8/9 weeks old

Originally Posted by CC12

Oh how nice a purr. I don't want to bug you as I did in the other thread but I really gotta see these little cuties you have.
They have a thread here with pics!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So which one purred for you? Is the one you already talked about - the black one with the white locket on his chest?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yep him
I picked him up today and put him in my lap and he sat there and purred some more. He's the one who's been most sick, so at least if he doesn't improve, or gets worse, I can easily grab him and take him to the vet.

When I'm doing stuff in that room, the others sit in the corner of their cage and watch me, while he just happily plays away

mirage_202

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That is just fantastic! It's such a nice feeling isn't it?
The first time I pet Taylor and he started to purr just tugged on my heartstrings.
Congrats on the beautiful furkids, Lordy they're cute!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww, what a special moment.

Saw their pics. What cuties!
You're doing a great job with them.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that's wonderful! It's really such a special feeling, isn't it?
Now I have to go look at the pics of the little sweethearts.

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh Sarah, this really is too funny! Of our 2 feral kittens our purr head is our femal tuxie!! Maybe it's a personality thing... or just another funny coincidence

It really is a great feeling. Hope the socializing is going well on your end!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We got another purr tonight! The little cream lynx point tabby - she was the first one we caught, and when we transferred her that night, I could pick her up by the scruff with no fuss, and sat her in my lap that night and she didn't try to run.

DH got her out of her hidey hole, and took her to the bathroom. She skulked around for a bit, then he put her in his lap and gave her lots of attention, and she was closing her eyes and seemed to be enjoying it. I came in the room and gave her a little pat as well, and a bit after that she just suddenly relaxed. You could see her whole body relax, she half rolled over, and started purring. Her purr was a little stop/start, then she relaxed some more, and purred even harder and non stop. She's a little cutie

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Will you be adding to the family? Those are some seriously cute babies. I dunno how you let them go. I will soon find out though when I have to say bye bye to mine.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nope, not keeping any. Not enough space, and I have no "need" for extra cats, I get all I need from my 3 girls.