Seldon and his morning java

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I caught Seldon with his head in my decaf iced soy coffee for the second time. He licked it! Then he went for more. My ex swore Seldon had had some of his coffee but I thought he was exaggerating. I knew he liked being near when I was grinding my beans but this is weird.
What to do with a coffee swigging cat? Any suggestions?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No. I only drink decaf and I know there is still caffeine but I also load it down with soy milk(I am allergic to dairy) so he would get very little. He had a little brown mustache afterward and looked at me like hey get your own.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CC12

I caught Seldon with his head in my decaf iced soy coffee for the second time. He licked it! Then he went for more. My ex swore Seldon had had some of his coffee but I thought he was exaggerating. I knew he liked being near when I was grinding my beans but this is weird.
What to do with a coffee swigging cat? Any suggestions?
Persi is interested in anything in a cup. He prefers regular coffee though, not decaf.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fred loved the smell of coffee. He would jump up on a stool in the kitchen while I was making it every morning and sniff the cannister.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

Wow, I thought cats did not like the smell of coffee.
Everytime I think I know about cats somebody will post something odd their cat does. Seldon is the most shall we say eccentric of my pack.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CC12

No. I only drink decaf and I know there is still caffeine but I also load it down with soy milk(I am allergic to dairy) so he would get very little. He had a little brown mustache afterward and looked at me like hey get your own.

Tooooooo fuuuuunny!!!!!

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

hahah, how cute!!!
Maybe he saw a coffee related Garfield comic strip and decided to give it a try
Very possible. When I read he likes to sit on the sofa behind me and act like he is reading. He likes it when I turn the page. He looks at it, then looks at me and then settles in while I read until the next exciting page turn.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
My parents had a cat, Sassy, who was absolutely crazy about coffee - the caffeinated variety! You had to guard your coffee cup, because she'd drink every last drop. It didn't seem to affect her much, i.e., make her too hyper. My mom now has Sassy's brother, and he'll drink coffee if has flavored creamer in it, or iced coffee.

Jamie likes beer. My husband usually drinks alcohol-free beer, but there have been two or three occasions when he was drinking "real" beer, and Jamie "sampled" a bit too much. Have you ever seen a cat stagger?

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Just curious...did you name Seldon after Hari?
In a round about way yes. Most people don't recognize that.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

My parents had a cat, Sassy, who was absolutely crazy about coffee - the caffeinated variety! You had to guard your coffee cup, because she'd drink every last drop. It didn't seem to affect her much, i.e., make her too hyper. My mom now has Sassy's brother, and he'll drink coffee if has flavored creamer in it, or iced coffee.

Jamie likes beer. My husband usually drinks alcohol-free beer, but there have been two or three occasions when he was drinking "real" beer, and Jamie "sampled" a bit too much. Have you ever seen a cat stagger?
Oh no. Your cat was drunk!

I saw a special on TV about these monkeys that would raid resorts for cocktails and get smashed. They loved the mixed drinks.