Mini Michigan Meet-Up

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, so over the 4th of July Holiday me and Jodi (crittergirl) met up at her cabin in Juggville! (Much North!) It was a blast.
I drove up there on Saturday the 5th and we hung our for about 5-6 hours! We just chilled and talked
about anything and everything, we went out on the lake
in the paddle boat
and then built a fire
and made brats on it! I even tried her Spam Salad!
(it was actually good! Though I was scared at first!) It was fun! And I didn't even get a sunburn! I took pics
and I even have one specifically for Rigel, but I will have to post them when I get home from work tonight! So... that will have to be it... The suspense will have to build until I get home to post them!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, though I must tell you, that the outhouse was one of the absolutly cleanest outhouses I've ever been in. I bet Kellie Jo might even have done ok!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok.. here are some pics!

Here is one of the MANY cat things that Jodi had at the cabin!

She also had a cat clock, a really cute cat lamp, a cat wind chime, and multiple cat hangings.

Here are some nice pictures of the view and the lake.

Here are a couple pictures of the cool fire we built! Only paper and a lighter! No gas!

And here's our "Hola" to Rigel!

That was a hard shot to take, myself taking the pic of us while in the middle of the lake on the paddle boat! I think it turned out good!

So... That was the day!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Hey, though I must tell you, that the outhouse was one of the absolutly cleanest outhouses I've ever been in. I bet Kellie Jo might even have done ok!
I wasn't worried about the outhouse. I love camping so bushes are my friends.

Looks like a good time. The lake is beautiful and WTG on the fire! I would have probably dropped the camera in the lake if I'd tried to take that last pic.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
NEAT!..
thanks to God everything goes all right!

I took pics
and I even have one specifically for Rigel,
Thanks Jill!...

And here's our "Hola" to Rigel!
...Hola Amigas!
...Cheers!...

What can I say my friends!...
that seems sooo terrific!...
I envy you Jodi, you live in a lovely place!!!

thanks a lot to boths for share this with me!...

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool! Glad you guys could get together and have some fun!

Jugville... where up north is that?

EDIT: OK - I Mapquested it. Near Muskegon. That's pretty country up there. We're headed to the Grand Rapids area in a couple of weeks just for a long weekend getaway. We like GR and Grand Haven... tho' we may go to the beach at Pere Marquette Park b/c ... I didn't know it was Coast Guard Week in GH and we're concerned it will be crazy.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

I wasn't worried about the outhouse. I love camping so bushes are my friends.

Looks like a good time. The lake is beautiful and WTG on the fire! I would have probably dropped the camera in the lake if I'd tried to take that last pic.
I was worried I would but I had the strap on my wrist so I was covered!

Originally Posted by CoolCat

NEAT!..
thanks to God everything goes all right!

Thanks Jill!...

...Hola Amigas!
...Cheers!...

What can I say my friends!...
that seems sooo terrific!...
I envy you Jodi, you live in a lovely place!!!

thanks a lot to boths for share this with me!...
You are so welcome Rigel!

Originally Posted by AddieBee

Cool! Glad you guys could get together and have some fun!

Jugville... where up north is that?

EDIT: OK - I Mapquested it. Near Muskegon. That's pretty country up there. We're headed to the Grand Rapids area in a couple of weeks just for a long weekend getaway. We like GR and Grand Haven... tho' we may go to the beach at Pere Marquette Park b/c ... I didn't know it was Coast Guard Week in GH and we're concerned it will be crazy.
Jugville is acually much more north just past Fremont. But hey! If you really are going to Grand Haven or Pere Marquete let me know. I'm within walking distance of Pere Marquete, I'd love to do a mini meet-up with you too!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like you had a great time!
What a beautiful place.

I am slightly envious of your fire lighting skills too

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you go straight west on Highway 20 from Juggville, just before you run into Lake Michigan, you will come to New Era. That is where my grandfather had a little farm, until he died back in about 1975.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Here are a couple pictures of the cool fire we built! Only paper and a lighter! No gas!

WHOA!!!! Who's the pyromaniac!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, shoot! I was up in the Leelanau penninsula and Boyne Mountain/Traverse City/Petosky area the last weekend in June. My best friend from highschool came up from North Carolina, and we went on a girl's weekend road trip up north to visit another highschool girlfriend. We did a wine tasting tour of the Leelanau wineries. We had a blast! Also found a couple of really great wines.

What a beautiful lake. It looks like the two of you had a wonderful time. Yeah, you're right...outhouses kind of geek me out. It's that obvious, huh? Thanks for sharing your pics. The bonfire looks awesome!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

It looks like you had a great time!
What a beautiful place.

I am slightly envious of your fire lighting skills too
We did really good with that. The girl scouts would be proud too I think!

Originally Posted by mrblanche

If you go straight west on Highway 20 from Juggville, just before you run into Lake Michigan, you will come to New Era. That is where my grandfather had a little farm, until he died back in about 1975.
I know where New Era is. I'm right on Lake Michigan just further south. Love the country though much more than the city. I miss it!

Originally Posted by gemlady

WHOA!!!! Who's the pyromaniac!
Who??? Us??? Never!

Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Well, shoot! I was up in the Leelanau penninsula and Boyne Mountain/Traverse City/Petosky area the last weekend in June. My best friend from highschool came up from North Carolina, and we went on a girl's weekend road trip up north to visit another highschool girlfriend. We did a wine tasting tour of the Leelanau wineries. We had a blast! Also found a couple of really great wines.

What a beautiful lake. It looks like the two of you had a wonderful time. Yeah, you're right...outhouses kind of geek me out. It's that obvious, huh? Thanks for sharing your pics. The bonfire looks awesome!
I just remember the comment from the last meet-up about out houses!
But I think you would have been fine really! Sounds like your trip about the state was fun too!
So how many wines exactly did you taste?

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It COULDN'T be me......

The only thing we did not have for the fire was a poker stick.

Oh, and by the way, spam salad is good, even if it does not sound like it. I have converted many.