What's for dinner tonight everyone?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm making lasagna tonight!
My sister Kimmy and her family are comming over for dinner so i need something big enough to feed all of us- so lasagna it is
I'm going to make some sweet tea to go with it and probably a yummy salad as a side, not sure yet!

What's everyone else having?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
McDonalds, Taco Johns, or Arbys. Gotta eat fast food as I run around with errands, then go to shelter. Didn't thaw anything to cook & there's no leftovers in fridge to make quick.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

McDonalds, Taco Johns, or Arbys. Gotta eat fast food as I run around with errands, then go to shelter. Didn't thaw anything to cook & there's no leftovers in fridge to make quick.
Is Taco John's like Taco Bell?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Is Taco John's like Taco Bell?
Pretty much yes. Except I can eat Taco John's without thinking about Eileen & George Clooney!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are having bbq herb and garlic sirloin steaks with baked potatoes and some kind of veggie (probably corn). It is supposed to rain, so I hope it holds off until after we make dinner in about an hour.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I'm making lasagna tonight!
My sister Kimmy and her family are comming over for dinner so i need something big enough to feed all of us- so lasagna it is
I'm going to make some sweet tea to go with it and probably a yummy salad as a side, not sure yet!

What's everyone else having?
I am making Lasagna too, with salad and garlic bread

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm having food from Sonic tonight..
It sounded kind of good.

sportbikemike

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well as soon as it stops storming, I might make a Subway run. Footlong club sub and a couple chocolate chip cookies. Mmmmmm Subway chocolate chip cookies......OK I'm definitely going....

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mmm... Lasagna...

Sounds much better than we're having! I forgot all about this when I posted my daily thread (told ya I was tired!), but we have a friend from the theater coming over to meet our zoo and house, because she will be house / pet sitting while we are at the family reunion.

So, we are treating her to pizza tonight! (Wow, what a treat
). We're just going to grab it from the local corner pizza joint, Pizza Express. It's fast and some of the best non-gourmet pizza I've ever had!

meowmmy_aprile

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I made smoked turkey legs on Sunday so I would have a free night one night this week and tonight is it. So smoked turkey legs and liptons creamy chicken noodles and a salad nothing exciting.

roxsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We ate Ramen.

Not exactly good for you but we spent a total of maybe $.20 on dinner. lol.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are having spiced salt and pepper tofu and wok-roasted mussels. These will be the last 2 recipes I have to make for a cookbook review I am writing. Thank goodness, the recipes in this one all had too much oil in them. Probably will have some nice honeydew melon, too.
Tomorrow and Thurs will be really hot again - 105 - so it will be take out or salads those days.

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I made some spicy lime marinade and put it on some chicken breasts, which hubby grilled. Then I tried a recipe I found on AllRecipes.com for Black Beans and Rice (I used red kidney beans, though, as that's all I had on hand.) I also cooked some corn for a nice southwestern style meal!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lasagna sounds so yummy!! I don't really have anything here fast to eat. I don't feel like cooking rice, or making veggie burgers, or starting to make my lentil soup which really only takes an hour to 90 minutes. I'm sick of salad and while I could oder in Pizza, I have to watch my pennies because anything I spend on eating out, comes out of my grocery budget.

I think I might just make a meal replacement shake and call it a night.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had a chicken apple sausage and cornbread.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sushi, tea, and fresh pinapple for dessert.