Need some help for Isabella

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of you may remember 'Bella, our seal lynx marble girl. I posted about her quite a bit.
She went to her new breeder home several months ago and has been much loved and is doing great.

Yesterday evening we got a call that Bella had gotten out of a defective 2nd floor window screen and is missing.

Our friend is completely un-glued with worry and is so upset she can hardly think straight. I've never had a bengal escape and mine behave when they are let out and they listen. Apparently Bella has been spotted in the neighborhood but she won't go to anyone.

What can she do to get Bella back? Any suggestions?

I've advised her to tell ALL the neighbors that she is loose and enlist their help. She also has access to a cat trap.

Bella is about 5 weeks pregnant so I know she'll get hungry fast. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
The escapee:

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no!

Go out in the dead of night when it's quiet to look for her, opening cans or shaking kibbles along the way.

Leaving a trail of used litter from the house so she can sniff her way back.

Putting posters of her up as well as contacting any shelters or vets surgeries.

Heres a link to a site that's been posted here many times

http://www.lost-pets.org/

Nial she would recognise you wouldn't she?. I'm just wondering if you went over so she could hear your voice?.

Come home Isabella

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I seem to remember people here saying that KFC chicken attracts cats like mad??? Or maybe even just the skin??? I know it gets my attention!

Good luck, Nial.

Come home now, Isabella!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any advice, but am sending lots of vibes that Bella comes home soon.

I would try the KFC Chicken in the trap as well as going out at night with flashlights, etc.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to give the lost-pets.org link too, as that helped me cope back when Ginger (my only kitten at the time) decided to take a 4 a.m. dive through a kitchen screen to the outside, 15' below.

What brought my girl home after more than a 10 hour extended anxiety attack (for me) was that I opened several windows, placed items that smelled like her on the window sills and then sat near an open window talking on the phone to my friend.

Ginger was able to hear me and got up the courage to head for the voice she trusted.

I got the idea from that site - it covers all the bases.

Come home, Bella! It's what's best for you and the little babies in your belly!

spookzilla

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just went through a very similar situation with my foster cat Waggles, he had been at his adoptive home a couple of days and escaped through a screen. We think he spent about 5 days hiding and was found after a week when someone saw him on their porch looking for food and recognized him from our poster.

I think the fact that Bella will be hungry is good--this means she won't likely be hiding a lot. I would definitely put out very smelly food or even tuna to attract her.

Even if she won't go to anyone she will likely stop to eat. Tell people that she's friendly and they should approach her with a towel if they want to grab her. Even putting her in a garage or shed until someone gets a crate would work.

Good luck, the waiting is the hardest part

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the suggestions.
Many of them have been employed and deployed.

Unfortunately Bella is still awol at this time.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She may be hiding underneath a home close by. Mine stayed close.
I found mine in the dead of night.

Come home.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One other thought about searching in the dead of night is to search quietly with a flashlight. The light will make their eyes reflect, and in my experience, quietly searching is more effective than making lots of noise if they are normally indoor kitties and are scared.

I feel so bad for this baby.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bella remains on the run.

Her owner reports that Bella is within a house or two of home most of the time and has been spending time under the neighbors house, but will not come out when called. When no one is nearby she does come out, but is unapproachable and scared.

I'm so perplexed by this, I used to take her outside for photos and she had every opportunity to escape and defy my commands, but she never even tried. She was content to hang out with me.

Diane, her owner, camped outside all night last night hoping for an opportunity to catch her. No luck. She's exhausted, disappointed and bug bitten.
I'd help her with the hunt, but it's logistically impossible, as she's a good 1,200 miles away.

She has 3 traps out now, but Bella seems too smart for them.

The only good news, is that she isn't wandering and she isn't going towards the busy street only a block from her home.

Keep those vibes coming please, we need to get Bella back home. Thanks!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Something must be spooking her....
Sending mega TSC vibes that beautiful Bella with her unborn kittens is returned home today.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What if you make a video/voice recording of yourself calling Bella and email it to that woman.. and she can play it for the cat to hear you and maybe she will respond.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

I'd help her with the hunt, but it's logistically impossible, as she's a good 1,200 miles away.
Oh that's a shame Nial

Originally Posted by AddieBee

What if you make a video/voice recording of yourself calling Bella and email it to that woman.. and she can play it for the cat to hear you and maybe she will respond.
That's what i was wondering?, or is she saying the commands like you do?

Come back in the house Bella!!!!