was i wrong to think like this?

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i went to my partner's brother's wedding on Saturday. it's the first time i've been to a wedding since i was younger, & it's the first time going to one, with somebody am sooo in loveee with!
anyway, me & my partner are engaged & have been for age's now, but that's not what's bothering me, when his brother & his wife had the first dance as a married couple, i nearly cried, i felt sooo sad!
then when the next song came on, other couple's got up & started dancing aswel.

i was sad because am disabled (in a wheelchair, all the time), so i couldn't join in, & i really wanted to!

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
you wern't wrong to feel like that and you are allowed to feel anyway you want!
I understand why you would feel that way but maybe you should talk to your husband how you feel

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm so sorry that it sadden you. I don't think you were wrong.

I take ballroom dancing and there are some people in wheelchairs who do dance. They have some lovely moves. Maybe your partner and you can find someplace and take a few lessons.

Here is a page from the Colorado Star Ball which is run by my studio. There are some links on the page. http://www.coloradostarball.com/wheelchair3.htm

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mer636

you wern't wrong to feel like that and you are allowed to feel anyway you want!
I understand why you would feel that way but maybe you should talk to your husband how you feel
thank's, i did talk to my partner. he understand's that situation's like that, will alway's get to me.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

I'm so sorry that it sadden you. I don't think you were wrong.

I take ballroom dancing and there are some people in wheelchairs who do dance. They have some lovely moves. Maybe your partner and you can find someplace and take a few lessons.

Here is a page from the Colorado Star Ball which is run by my studio. There are some links on the page. http://www.coloradostarball.com/wheelchair3.htm
thank's, but due to my type of disability i can't dance, as i don't have the upper or lower body strength.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
well it's good that he understands how you feel and i'm sure you could do things they cant

i'm sorry you feel bad about the situation and just remember your a special person on the inside to a lot of people

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mer636

well it's good that he understands how you feel and i'm sure you could do things they cant

i'm sorry you feel bad about the situation and just remember your a special person on the inside to a lot of people
hehe thank's, that made me smile!

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Aw there's no reason to feel bad about the reaction you had - perfectly natural and you are blessed to share your life with someone who understands you so well

Maybe whenever you two do get married you can have a different "first couple thing" that would make your wedding unique and very special... I can't think of a whole lot off the top of my head but for example if you both can/like to sing you could do a first duet as a couple... hopefully you get my drift lol

And hey you can always just make him dance for you

And I also definitely agree that it doesn't matter AT ALL what you can or can't do physically, just "talking" with you at TCS I can tell you're a true good person and that's really all that matters

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10

Aw there's no reason to feel bad about the reaction you had - perfectly natural and you are blessed to share your life with someone who understands you so well

Maybe whenever you two do get married you can have a different "first couple thing" that would make your wedding unique and very special... I can't think of a whole lot off the top of my head but for example if you both can/like to sing you could do a first duet as a couple... hopefully you get my drift lol

And hey you can always just make him dance for you

And I also definitely agree that it doesn't matter AT ALL what you can or can't do physically, just "talking" with you at TCS I can tell you're a true good person and that's really all that matters
aww! that's sooo lovely of you!
i never thought of it that way! LOL hehe, i don't think my partner, would want to make a fool out of himself by dancing alone!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never feel bad about "feeling"

So far as not being able to dance using your wheelchair due to decreased upper body strength. When you get married you could always rent an electric wheelchair a month or so in advance and practice your dance moves, and be able to have your first dance together

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

When you get married you could always rent an electric wheelchair a month or so in advance and practice your dance moves, and be able to have your first dance together

And you could try to learn how to do wheelies

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

When you get married you could always rent an electric wheelchair a month or so in advance and practice your dance moves, and be able to have your first dance together

How do you get around at the moment?. Are you unable to push yourself around at all with no upper arm strength?

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Never feel bad about "feeling"

So far as not being able to dance using your wheelchair due to decreased upper body strength. When you get married you could always rent an electric wheelchair a month or so in advance and practice your dance moves, and be able to have your first dance together
i get around in an electric wheelchair anyway, i could never manage in a manual wheelchair.

Originally Posted by lauracatlover

And you could try to learn how to do wheelies
LOL, am scared of doing them!

Originally Posted by Rosiemac

How do you get around at the moment?. Are you unable to push yourself around at all with no upper arm strength?
no, i don't have the strength to push myself around. that's why i use an electric wheelchair.