First (young) horse--first time being ridden!

kernil

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so excited! A couple months ago, I bought my first horse from a friend, who is basically teaching me how to train the horse, Mikki.

Mikki is a pure quarter horse, and is three years old-never been ridden. Until a few days ago!

I posted the whole story of how I ended up riding her for the first time, and tons of pics, here: http://www.horsechitchat.com/equinef....html#post5424

She was so good, I am so proud of her! I just had to share with all you guys!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kernil

I am so excited! A couple months ago, I bought my first horse from a friend, who is basically teaching me how to train the horse, Mikki.

Mikki is a pure quarter horse, and is three years old-never been ridden. Until a few days ago!

I posted the whole story of how I ended up riding her for the first time, and tons of pics, here: http://www.horsechitchat.com/equinef....html#post5424

She was so good, I am so proud of her! I just had to share with all you guys!
What an exciting day!! Wow, Mikki is a beauty! I'm so glad she took to saddle so well. It sounds like you have a very intelligent baby there. I've never trained a horse, but I know some people who have and for her to pick up on all those commands and be as calm as she was is remarkable! Sound like you and Mikki have a great relationship and a good trust bond. Now, the fun starts for real, right?

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so awesome!!! We have two little fillys that were born this spring, and I've been a little worried about getting on them for the frist time! Now I have some more proof that you can get on a horse for the first time WITHOUT doing it the cowboy way! You know you've done well when you can get on a horse and it trusts you completely!

Great job and keep up the good work!