Another lost traveler has wandered in

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the last few weeks, just about every evening, I've been working on making a new friend. Unless I find out different (such as finding his home and real name), this is Hercules

He's been hanging around the neighborhood for about 3 weeks now, and I think is spending his nights in Cabela's old doghouse. I believe that he'd been snatching what leftover food he could get from other dogs bowls, till I started feeding him 3 days ago.

I actually thought that he was better fed than he was, because he looked so thick. But, it turns out he's quite skinny for his build, he's just build like a 4 legged truck.
(Which is where the name Hercules came into play) But, he's very, very timid. Only this afternoon did he take food from my hand and stick around for a couple of seconds for a few quick scratches on the chin.

We've come a long way, and now, I can sit in a lawn chair and he will sit nearby. For now, this seems to be our distance.

I'm hoping that in a few more days to a week we can hit it off enough to get him to the vet. The last 2 dogs to show up here have been microchipped and both got to go home. But if this fellows not that lucky, he's welcome to just keep hanging out around here for as long as he likes

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwwwwwwww!
I love his face!!! He looks so curious....and shy at the same time!

But it sounds like you're definitely making progress. Good for you!

He certainly is built like a truck!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have the Jellicles reacted to this Pollicle?

BTW - Mike, you are a sweety.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG he's so HANDSOME!
I love his face - his eyes are so expressive - he looks like he wants to trust you!!!

Keep us posted, please?!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooo that's a great looking dog! He would be perfect out with our horses!

Once we get the money to buy our own farm I'm going straight to the shelter to adopt a Blue Healer mix!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, what a beauty! I'm guessing he probably has some german shepard in him. Maybe some Rottie and the body reminds me of pit bull or some stocky terrier. Hercules is the perfect name for him! Good luck getting his trust, but it looks like you're on the right path. Keep us posted!

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad Hercules (or Smokie) has finally found his home

There'll be another doggy someday to come and fill the doghouse

fuzzmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow! He's a gorgeous ACD and looks to be purebred by his build, face and coloring. I also have a soft spot for the breed. I have a Corgi/ACD mix and boy is he a pistol. He's a walking attitude. ACDs tend to bond to a single person so I'm sure with time and patience he will consider himself yours. I hope he lets you catch him soon so he can be vetted and neutered (if not already).

Please keep us updated on this handsome fella! I just love the blues!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fuzzmom

Wow! He's a gorgeous ACD and looks to be purebred by his build, face and coloring. I also have a soft spot for the breed. I have a Corgi/ACD mix and boy is he a pistol. He's a walking attitude. ACDs tend to bond to a single person so I'm sure with time and patience he will consider himself yours. I hope he lets you catch him soon so he can be vetted and neutered (if not already).

Please keep us updated on this handsome fella! I just love the blues!
Just a day or so after I posted this, I found his "lost dog" poster at the local country grocery. So, I called his peoples and he went home.

Dog house is still open and still food to be had; seems like someone is always dropping in

fuzzmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

Just a day or so after I posted this, I found his "lost dog" poster at the local country grocery. So, I called his peoples and he went home.

Dog house is still open and still food to be had; seems like someone is always dropping in
Well I hope they keep a better eye on this boy. But if not, hopefully he will find his way back to you. The lost souls always seem to find the ones that will help.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless you for opening your heart and home to these poor lost doggies. You're wonderful!