Blind cats can play too!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww
What a sweetie! That box makes just the right amount of noise on the floor for her to follow it!

Does she like to play with those plastic balls with bells inside?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now that made me cry again.

Damita used to ADORES those crinkle balls....this one crinkle ball from Pat & Alix (www.catniptoys.com) was her favorite. She adored these orange 9 Lives balls, too....they made a weird noise.

Here's a video of her with a favorite toy.

Sorry for the hijack....but so many don't realize just how much blind kitties play!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Awww
What a sweetie! That box makes just the right amount of noise on the floor for her to follow it!

Does she like to play with those plastic balls with bells inside?
The box is incredibly loud! I'm always happy when she finds another toy she can play with!

She likes the plastic balls with bells, but the problem is that they move too fast. She gets to chasing them so fast she doen't keep track of where she is in the room and runs into things.

Originally Posted by white cat lover

Now that made me cry again.

Damita used to ADORES those crinkle balls....this one crinkle ball from Pat & Alix (www.catniptoys.com) was her favorite. She adored these orange 9 Lives balls, too....they made a weird noise.

Here's a video of her with a favorite toy.

Sorry for the hijack....but so many don't realize just how much blind kitties play!!
I knew you would appreiate this thread! Great video too!

Leya loves those crinkle balls too!! But so does Thor
I will have to try and find that 9 Lives ball your talking about.

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was little we had a Black & White cat named Bro that went blind, & we had a Large Boot that we'd put those jingly balls in or jingly mice in and He would have so much fun pouncing in this BIG boot to get the toy knocking down the boot and reaching in the boot to get it, etc... I loved playing 'mouse in a boot' or 'ball in a boot' with Bro when I was little.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lore

When I was little we had a Black & White cat named Bro that went blind, & we had a Large Boot that we'd put those jingly balls in or jingly mice in and He would have so much fun pouncing in this BIG boot to get the toy knocking down the boot and reaching in the boot to get it, etc... I loved playing 'mouse in a boot' or 'ball in a boot' with Bro when I was little.
Aww!
It's wonderful to hear stories about happy blind kitties!