Petmate Water fountains.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've had 2 Petmate water fountains. The first one's little motor thingie died and the 2nd one was so loud I just got rid of it. I now have a Drinkwell and LOVE it! So does my kitty that likes to drink out of the bathroom faucet. She prefers it to the Petmate because of the way the water comes out, more like out of the faucet than down the little slide like the Petmate has.

Stephanie

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one. Mine is white though. I absolutely love it and so does Abby.

It's very quiet. I don't hear it at all unless it's running out of water and then it's designed to make a noise.

I find it very easy to clean. Just unplug the cord. Take the unit to the sink. Take off the top, remove the filter. Dump out the water. Wipe the bowl with a clean damp cloth. Refill the bowl. Rinse the filter and put it back in. Add water to the container. Plug it back in. Takes me all of about 3 minutes to do from start to finish.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i also find that the petmates are quieter than the drinkwell, except when the water gets low.
i prefer the drinkwell, because it's easier to clean... but 4 out of 5 of my cats seem to prefer the petmate.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine love their PetMate Deluxe, it's very quiet and easy to clean. They enjoy drinking from the top of the ramp

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gaprofitt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Forensic

I have it in black... It's now the go-to drinking station for the cat and the dog.
I bought one, $33 bucks including shipping on ebay and no tax, saves me about 10 bucks compared to petsmart.

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the one in that picture but mine is black, I've never seen the blue ones before. I love it, they drink so much more water with it. Have not had any problems with it.

I have another Petmate one, it looks like that but with stainless steel on the ramp and bottom edge (not the Platinum fountain) and it broke after about 2 days. It started leaking and I can't figure out where the leak is.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Petmate Delux that the kitties love and I have 2 Drinkwells that the kitties love. I will be adding another Petmate though.