What do you do when you see "looking for a kitten" on craigslist?

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so tired of seeing people looking for kittens on craigslist!!! Maybe I'm awful, but I send them a message saying "have you heard of www.petfinder.com? It's a great place to find animals that are in need of adoption!"

Also......How do you "run out of time" for an animal?! I just don't get it!
Do you run out of time for your kids too? Even people that are getting rid of their snakes make the excuse "not enough time." Snakes take maybe 10 minutes a week!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

That's not awful! In fact, it's very helpful, if you do it politely.
That's exactly what I say! So hopefully no one takes offense when I send them an email like that!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you think running out of time is the worst of it, never volunteer to do the phones at an animal shelter.

I usually send them an email with a list of the no-kill shelters and rescues in the area as well as petfinder and a link to why free to a good home cats are a bad idea.

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Craigslist is a 'dumping ground' for animals. It's an awful place for them to end up. I'm sure some do end up in legitaemately good homes, but I'm sure some just go from one bad situation to another and get tossed around from home to home. It's a sad thing.

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would be scared to put kittens on Craigslist. I've heard that people with pit bulls will use kittens to train them to fight. Its so sad. I didn't know people did that until one of my friends told me she saw these two grown men fighting over a box of free kittens at some lady's store she was at. That's when she told me they were probably going to use them for dog fighting training. Then there are the people on there that want $200 or more adoption fees for their purebred dogs. That kind of annoys me.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lore

I think Craigslist is a 'dumping ground' for animals. It's an awful place for them to end up. I'm sure some do end up in legitaemately good homes, but I'm sure some just go from one bad situation to another and get tossed around from home to home. It's a sad thing.
I think this too

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't believe all that stuff you guys have heard or seen!!! My goodness!

It drives me crazy to see all those animals on there
There was a cat I wanted to get 3 year old spayed female ragdoll. But why would she be on craigslist? She was a family that breeds ragdolls.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Brother put my Oreo and her Brother on Craigs List and i said why she on there you know I am taking her. He got so many strange people on there. People out here take the Kittens then kill them or use them for labs.