*****KatKwery! - July 6 - 1 winner*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had one winner yesterday: cocoa creme used the word matter. Words not used were post, worth, prefer, and nothing.

Looks like the words are a little harder. Should we have a day that nobody uses any of the secret words, the next day's words will be worth 1400 points.

Today's KatKwiz required you to know what an active member was. Did you know before today? A few days ago I warned that there were many mouse over spots with secret information that would be covered in the future; have you found any of these on your own? This is the second time that recently we have visited the advanced search feature of Members List; do you feel confident in using it yet? Do you think you will be shown many more secret information spots in the future, or find them on your own? If you were to enter mom instead of pop, what do you think the results would be? Go try!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

We had one winner yesterday: cocoa creme used the word matter. Words not used were post, worth, prefer, and nothing.

Looks like the words are a little harder. Should we have a day that nobody uses any of the secret words, the next day's words will be worth 1400 points.

Today's KatKwiz required you to know what an active member was. Did you know before today? A few days ago I warned that there were many mouse over spots with secret information that would be covered in the future; have you found any of these on your own? This is the second time that recently we have visited the advanced search feature of Members List; do you feel confident in using it yet? Do you think you will be shown many more secret information spots in the future, or find them on your own? If you were to enter mom instead of pop, what do you think the results would be? Go try!
I know what being an active member means but I really wasn't thinking about it when I looked for the answer.
I haven't looked for secret mouse over spots yet, I really should. I did remember to use the advanced search in the member list. Before that last Katkwiz about it, I didn't know there was one. I bet a lot more people have mom in there username then pop. These secrect info spots are good to know.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I had no idea what an active member was before today. I didn't even know where to find it. I think I searched some old posts but I still didn't know if I was right or not. I haven't found any of the mouse over spots on my own yet; I haven't really had the time to look. I'm getting pretty good at using the advanced search of the Member's List. That's the first place I went to and I knew I would have to enter pop in the username category, but didn't know the qualifications for the active member. I think that if you entered mom instead of pop, you'd get way more people. Many people have the name of their pet, and then mom after so I think you would get more results than just pop.

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I wasn't around when today's Kwiz was posted, so I didn't get a chance to find out what an active user was on my own. I figured it had something to do with the last time someone had visited or posted on the site, though. I must have missed the day you mentioned mouse over spots with hidden information, too. But now that I know, I'm looking for them everywhere! :lol3 I have found one that I think would be a fun Kwiz question, too! I wonder if it will become one someday....hmmm....
Anyway, I guess if I wanted to I could easily use the advanced member search. It's not hard to get the hang of, really. I tried the search for active users with the word "mom" in their user name, and I think there were about 92 people that came up in my search who had posted in the last 60 days. I suppose maybe that has something to do with how many women are on this site, and how many of them are mommies...to their furbabies and human kids! Makes for a very popular user name!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

i did know... & i haven't even bothered to look for secret mouse spots, because i'm almost always too late to answer KatKwiz. i rarely 'search' the members list, but that's mainly because i rarely have need to even view it, much less search it. if there are more mouse spots, most likely i'll learn of them thru KatKwiz, since i'm not even looking for them!
if you enter 'mom' instead of 'pop, you get 69 active members w/that word as a portion of their username.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Although I am sure there are more female members of this site than male, I think "mom" will always outnumber "pop" simply because there are other ways to express the patriarch of the family. For example: dad. Not to say that there arent other ways of expressing women parents, but that of the common most forms, perhaps mom/mama/mommy are ranked high.

That's it for my entry today. Short and sweet, but who knows.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I knew what an active member was long before today! I have found many mouse over points but it I find myself checking for them now!
I feel like Im pretty confident in what Im doing on here, I know how to get to ALMOST anywhere on here! There is always gems waiting to be uncovered though! Im hopefull that I will be shown more secret stuff soon! I like finding them on my own too but its alot more fun this way! Theres alot more moms than pops! Lets just face facts and admit that there are mostly female members on here and I dont think when it comes to the love of cats gender should be an issue! I dont think men think its right to sign up! They dont have any...
!! Except for you and the few andd far between other guy on here!
I think women are more sensitive too which comes into play with cats!