this does NOT look right!

mommysmeows

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had Zelda spayed last Tuesday ( July 2nd ) and today this is what her spay site looks look. It appears I may be calling them and tossing a fit because that does not look right. Take a look below.

Opinions?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I agree that it doesn't look right. Has she been very active while it has been healing? It would be best to get her to the vet tomorrow.

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mommysmeows

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I emailed the vet. For some reason my phone service ( alltel ) is not working! Makes me so mad.... times I wish I had a home phone!

She has been confined to a room away from kids and other pets. Food, Drink, and potty. When I do let her out to be social during the day ( supervised ) she is very active and wants to play with Kissa ( her baby ) but I split them up before it gets toss and turning fun.

She's eating, drinking, poo-ing, peeing, etc.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
is it unusually warm to the touch? also, when you touch it lightly, does it seem to cause her pain?
the bump is normal - all of mine had that.

mommysmeows

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We got her in to see a Dr. today. He said she was having a very bad reaction tot he stitches they used. He also said there seems to be infection possibly so he started her on antibiotics. I have to give them orally every 12 hours for 10 days.

So, she should be getting better soon!

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aw poor baby, I'm glad they were able to figure out what was going on. healing vibes

mommysmeows

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
and now she has chewed at the spay site. So... I got her a thing for her neck to keep her from chewing it. Ughhh... I thought spaying was good? This has been nothing but TROUBLE!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Even with the problems your kitty has had it is still preferable to dealing with a cat that is in heat. I love cats but they can be really obnoxious when in heat. They are also great escape artists and if they get out they come back pregnant. I am hoping your cat heals up and feels better real soon.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My SIL has a cat that had the spay site come completly open and they had to go back and do surgery again, it then got infected and she got put on meds and it cleared up after a little! It will get better! Spaying is the nicest thing you can do!

kat89447

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
All three of my girls had that after they got spayed. Luckily, theirs didn't get infected, but the bump scared the #### out of me. I even took them to a second vet for another opinion and was told that they have had many kittens get that reaction to the stitches and they had changed their stiching material a couple of times to no avail. I never had to do the e-collar and it never seemed to bother them. I think it bothered me more but on the bright side its been over a year and you can't even see the scar on any of them. Hope your kitty recovers quick.

wingss2fly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Last month when I had the girls spay the 3 of us, stayed in the bedroom together I would go out every so offten. I slept in the room with them for 5 nights. It was the best sleep I had in the 20 years DH & I have been married.

But your little one will get better. And all of this mess will soon be a spay story for you to tell. I am happy you had her fixed, she will be a happy camper soon!
K.

mommysmeows

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much everyone!

Well, She has been on meds since Sat. Finally the "swelling" has gone down some, not all the way, but its not as hard as it was. Its not red like it was either. Even where she chewed has healed. She has another week till she is off the meds and by then she should be feeling pretty darn good!

She has been wearing that head cone gear thing. I think over all that has helped the most. Surprisingly it does not seem to irritate her at all. She eats, and drinks and potties. Hardly cries. She is being a trooper!

I will normally take it off for her to eat, just to be nice. I put it right back on tho. She loves to lick it and the vet says that is a huge NO.

I tried to let Kissa and her Zelda sit together but Kissa wants to lick her spay site as well. So, I really cant have them together. I feel bad. Least they can meow at each other by the door. LOL.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad your girl is feeling better! My girls were spayed 2 weeks ago and they are healing quite nicely. The vet told gave me a list of what to look for. A bump is normal and can take a couple of months to go down since the internal stitches take longer to dissolve.