Oh jeez. Splurged. 250$ dress.

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sooooooooo I have been wanting this dress from the moment I saw it. I went back to visit it for 3 weeks straight. Then begged my parents to pay for half for my birthday and FINALLY bought it. I have never been so in love with something, usually if I want something I can't afford it wears off in a week, but not this dress. (Plus I have 2 weddings and a formalish concert to attend in the next month
)

It is hand painted and 100% silk. I am terrified of spilling anything on it
But it feels amazing!!!!! I am so happy I went for it, I've never spent that much money on clothing before, not even my prom dress.

These pictures do it NO justice.

Close up of the painting and colour blending

One of the weddings is even rainbow themed ........ Sigh I am in love

Anybody else ever splurge when they really shouldn't?? hehehe

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You know...I have an airbrush out in the garage that I could have made you that with!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
sometimes you just gotta splurge!
Now, what about shoes and accessories?
$250 / 3 occasions = $83 per wear. And you'll have other occasions to wear it to, and each time you do, the dress gets cheaper! Math like that has eased the guilt of many a shopping spree for me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

$250 / 3 occasions = $83 per wear. And you'll have other occasions to wear it to, and each time you do, the dress gets cheaper! Math like that has eased the guilt of many a shopping spree for me.
hehe, that is how i look at these things. I have accessories but no proper shoes!! I am trying to borrow some from a friend or something to ease the guilt. we'll see

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think some white pumps or baby pink pumps will go well with it.

You should take a pic of you wearing it and post it

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

I think some white pumps or baby pink pumps will go well with it.

You should take a pic of you wearing it and post it
I was def. thinking white pumps..... I'll take pictures of me in it at the weddings I'm sure. Accessories and all!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

I like the way you think!!!

I love that gorgeous green color. I'd probably accessorize with shoes, handbag and jewelry of that color.

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

I like the way you think!!!

I love that gorgeous green color. I'd probably accessorize with shoes, handbag and jewelry of that color.
maybe. I guess that was the joy of this dress! I can accessorize with many different colours

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very pretty!

There was a time I didn't bat an eye at going and spending $200 or $300 on a dress or a pair of shoes.

However, I worked for Nygaard International and saw the markup of things. In fact I was able to buy their clothing for the price of the fabric. Once I saw that I could buy a pair of pants from them for $7.00 but if I went to the department store and bought those same wool pants I'd be paying $100.00, the reality of markup hit me.

This is no word of a lie. There is more than a 500% markup on clothing from the time it leaves the factory to the time it makes its way to a store rack.

Since I learned that I only shop for "deep" sale items. Back in February when I went to buy some clothes, I got 50% off the lowest sale price. Tops that were $35 I managed to get for $5.00. I bought a bathing suit, 2 pair of pants and 4 tops for $150.00 (including taxes). The bathing suit was the most expensive item at $99.00 not on sale.

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Very pretty!

There was a time I didn't bat an eye at going and spending $200 or $300 on a dress or a pair of shoes.

However, I worked for Nygaard International and saw the markup of things. In fact I was able to buy their clothing for the price of the fabric. Once I saw that I could buy a pair of pants from them for $7.00 but if I went to the department store and bought those same wool pants I'd be paying $100.00, the reality of markup hit me.

This is no word of a lie. There is more than a 500% markup on clothing from the time it leaves the factory to the time it makes its way to a store rack.

Since I learned that I only shop for "deep" sale items. Back in February when I went to buy some clothes, I got 50% off the lowest sale price. Tops that were $35 I managed to get for $5.00. I bought a bathing suit, 2 pair of pants and 4 tops for $150.00 (including taxes). The bathing suit was the most expensive item at $99.00 not on sale.
ohhhhhh I ALWAYS buy from the sales rack. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS
this is different. It's not from a manufacturer, but an artist. She had painted it and it is one of a kind, so it would never go on sale.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lmunsie

ohhhhhh I ALWAYS buy from the sales rack. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS
this is different. It's not from a manufacturer, but an artist. She had painted it and it is one of a kind, so it would never go on sale.
Splurging is fine sometimes and you always know when it is the one dress that you want that is worth the price.

I'd spend a little more on the shoes to go with it, too. Good shoes will always dress a less expensive dress up but inexpensive shoes can dress a nice dress down. So the experts say, anyway.

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mer636

god that is beautiful!! i'm sooooo jealous!!
Awwww thanks!! You guys are making me feel so good about buying it!!!

Originally Posted by butzie

Splurging is fine sometimes and you always know when it is the one dress that you want that is worth the price.

I'd spend a little more on the shoes to go with it, too. Good shoes will always dress a less expensive dress up but inexpensive shoes can dress a nice dress down. So the experts say, anyway.
hee hee thanks! Maybe I will! I am moving next month so this month rent was taken care of from first and last! So I have a little extra cash in the bank. I knew it was THE dress for me........... I
it so much. Now I just have to find special shoes, easier said then done!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is really pretty! and totally not an impulse purchase, sometimes you just cannot ignore the siren's call

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Krazycatlover

you should post a picture of you in it.
specially 'cause, beautiful as it is - it's a bit shapeless on the hanger!

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Oh my
I
that dress!!!!
Thanks. Me too

Originally Posted by Krazycatlover

you should post a picture of you in it.
Originally Posted by laureen227

specially 'cause, beautiful as it is - it's a bit shapeless on the hanger!
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

That is a beautiful dress. I agree, you should post a pic wearing it.
I will after the event!!