Giving away a purebred???

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would find it more disturbing if one would only want to adopt the kitty if it was a purebred. I found my perfect match (Maia) on Craigslist and she is a purebred bundle of love! Maybe this woman really wants the best home and shortage of time for her.......

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would take it and then take it to a no kill shelter where it could be cared for and the adopters are at least vetted.
She is risking that cats life by offering to a home for free.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i don't get her 'seal point' description - looks like a classic silver tabby to me, besides.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It is often not easy to find new homes for grown up cats, even pedigree.

Thus they are often sold for ridiculously low prices - compared with the usual kitten-price.
I know cases when they were given for free.

If this cat is really a British pedigree, I dont know. But the story isnt impossible.

(or if you want: if you do want to have a pedigree cat, but dont have much start-money - look after a grown up seeking new home).

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well pixietina, many people who have cat allergies will move so they are in a home that has not had cats in it - I hear that all the time in shelters.

As sad as it seems, many breeders do not take their cats back once they are past the age they can sell them again. There are lots of good breeders who will, but there are ones who wont and she would be responsible for shipping her back to the UK too.

She doesn't look much like a British shorthair, hopefully she is homed well and lives out the rest of her days with someone who cares about her

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Well pixietina, many people who have cat allergies will move so they are in a home that has not had cats in it - I hear that all the time in shelters.

As sad as it seems, many breeders do not take their cats back once they are past the age they can sell them again. There are lots of good breeders who will, but there are ones who wont and she would be responsible for shipping her back to the UK too.

She doesn't look much like a British shorthair, hopefully she is homed well and lives out the rest of her days with someone who cares about her
If the cat isn't a purebred BSH... then the woman got ripped off when she got her in the first place. Whatever her "pedigree", she is a beautiful classic silver tabby. I just thought it odd that the woman would just GIVE her away - no rehoming fee.

emeraldsongbird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't care what she is, she's gorgeous! I would take her in a heartbeat if I could...

I just had to comment, because there's a new commercial out for some kind of cat food, I think it is, and this type of cat prances around and is on the front of the bag. I just saw the commercial tonight and thought, "WHAT a GORGEOUS CAT!" And so now I know, when I am able to have as many cats as I want, this will be the kind I will get next