TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Behavior › Do any of your males do this?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do any of your males do this?

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Enzo has been mounting Leya every once in awhile I have no idea why he has starting doing this. He's two years old and was fixed at five months old. He doesn't do anything other than mount and bite her, but jesh! Poor Leya! Enzo does that meow purr and Leya almost screams from the bitting.

All three kitties are fixed and were fixed by six months.
post #2 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya View Post
Enzo has been mounting Leya every once in awhile I have no idea why he has starting doing this. He's two years old and was fixed at five months old. He doesn't do anything other than mount and bite her, but jesh! Poor Leya! Enzo does that meow purr and Leya almost screams from the bitting.

All three kitties are fixed and were fixed by six months.
My current cats don't, but growing up we had four cats, three male and one female. Two of the male cats would do that to each other but not with the female. They did it all the way up until the two of them passed away so although it isn't normal, it happens with some cats.
post #3 of 18
My Sisters Cat does it and he will be 6 in Aug and is fixed.
post #4 of 18
I've seen dogs do that before (boys, I mean). I never understood why, though.
post #5 of 18
Ask sharky about her little boy & Zoey. I'm on the phone with her & hear "get OFF your sister!".

PJ is a hump-o-sarus occaisonally, thankfully he's outgrown it.

Humping is a dominance thing, in dogs & cats.
post #6 of 18
I am always saying "get off your sister" Sev is on Lucia all the time, but he sits on her and kneads around her and she lays there and lets him do it
post #7 of 18
Thread Starter 
Well I'm glad to know other cats do that!! I just couldn't understand why he would start doing that all of the sudden. I still feel bad for poor little Leya!
post #8 of 18
Luvbug does this on occassion to Lil' Jag since she was a kitten and it has been 3 years (Both are altered). He has never tried it with Kuce - Maybe because Kuce has dominance over him.
post #9 of 18
My cats dont do it to each other i have 4 girls and 2 boys but jess my old boy loves to find a teddy bear of my daughters and hump that not any teddy will do it has to be the same one all the time he not bothered about any others , luckily my daughter is 24 so she dont play with it, all i hear is her shout muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum jess has got my teddy again and if we try to take it off him he tries to cling on and run after it i think he's in love with it
post #10 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypusscat View Post
My cats dont do it to each other i have 4 girls and 2 boys but jess my old boy loves to find a teddy bear of my daughters and hump that not any teddy will do it has to be the same one all the time he not bothered about any others , luckily my daughter is 24 so she dont play with it, all i hear is her shout muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum jess has got my teddy again and if we try to take it off him he tries to cling on and run after it i think he's in love with it
That's great!!!
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover View Post
Humping is a dominance thing, in dogs & cats.



My males have always done it to my females and I thought it was more of a mating behaviour. But when I got a new female kitten and my other girl Sasha moved up the dominance ladder, she started doing it to the kitten
post #12 of 18
Yep, it's a dominance thing. Jordan just did that to Isaac yesterday. Isaac just sits quietly and takes it. Jordan tries to do it to Maggie, but she screams like she's being killed. Isaac tries to do it to Levi, but he usually screams & runs away.
post #13 of 18
tiger will be laying on his side and pepe will sneak up behind him and start biting him on the neck in kind of the same sense you guys are talking about so your not the only one that says "Hey get off your brother"
post #14 of 18
Riley does it to any new foster cat that comes in, until they become friends.
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypusscat View Post
My cats dont do it to each other i have 4 girls and 2 boys but jess my old boy loves to find a teddy bear of my daughters and hump that not any teddy will do it has to be the same one all the time he not bothered about any others , luckily my daughter is 24 so she dont play with it, all i hear is her shout muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum jess has got my teddy again and if we try to take it off him he tries to cling on and run after it i think he's in love with it


Thats funny, my 4 year old fixed male does that to my 5 year old's large stuffed hello kitty doll and will 90% of the time use that for his "needs".my daughter is never impressed when she see's him biteing her doll. The other 10% is a soft flease blanket he will walk around the house with till he gets some alone time.He has also walked with my son's pants and other clothes too if he can't find what he wants..lol...my 3 year old lady who is not fixed will do that to my fixed male untill he decides enough and rolls over and walks away
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover View Post
Ask sharky about her little boy & Zoey. I'm on the phone with her & hear "get OFF your sister!".

PJ is a hump-o-sarus occaisonally, thankfully he's outgrown it.

Humping is a dominance thing, in dogs & cats.
LOL! Glad to know I'm not the only one who's yelled something like that. When Raven and Nabu were about 2 yrs old we started seeing that behavior. I would yell "Get off your brother!" a lot. Our vet at the time said it also had to do with the fact that Raven and Nabu's previous owner didn't get them fixed until they were a year old, so they "knew" they were boys.
post #17 of 18
all of mine were fixed by 6 month of age. i have 4 males and 5 females. my 10 year old male will get on my 5 year old goonie once in a while and she just lays there like la-di-da are you done yet. he's the only one that does it and only with goonie
post #18 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by efa_gurl View Post
Thats funny, my 4 year old fixed male does that to my 5 year old's large stuffed hello kitty doll and will 90% of the time use that for his "needs".my daughter is never impressed when she see's him biteing her doll. The other 10% is a soft flease blanket he will walk around the house with till he gets some alone time.He has also walked with my son's pants and other clothes too if he can't find what he wants..lol...my 3 year old lady who is not fixed will do that to my fixed male untill he decides enough and rolls over and walks away
That's hilarious! "my daughter is never impressed" Poor girl!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Behavior
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Behavior › Do any of your males do this?