*****KatKwery! - July 4 - 3 more*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am definately going to have to have a talk with DW. Need to make sure there are still 102,000 points left by October 1! Three more winners and there appears to be no stopping monaxlisa who used find. Laureen227 used exist and glitch used when. Nobody used scroll or never.

OK, here are some questions; expect harder secret words.

Do you ever actually go to the Home Page of The Cat Site much? Do you actually know what the motto is of The Cat Site? Now that you know about the exchange links, do you think you might use it in the future? On the Home Page, would you know how to see what the keywords are that search engines use to get to that page? Did you ever think there might not be enough points to last until October 1 and still give out 102,000 points?

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I am definately going to have to have a talk with DW. Need to make sure there are still 102,000 points left by October 1! Three more winners and there appears to be no stopping monaxlisa who used find. Laureen227 used exist and glitch used when. Nobody used scroll or never.

Do you ever actually go to the Home Page of The Cat Site much? Do you actually know what the motto is of The Cat Site? Now that you know about the exchange links, do you think you might use it in the future? On the Home Page, would you know how to see what the keywords are that search engines use to get to that page? Did you ever think there might not be enough points to last until October 1 and still give out 102,000 points?
The only time I see the home page is when I open TCS. Other than that I really don't make it a point to go there. I forgot what the motto was. I doubt I'd ever exchange links with because I don't have a website. I don't really think you will run out of points Lee. Not with such generous people here that donate to you.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I was on a roll, then off... maybe after another hiatus I can get back on again.

I used to go to the Home Page all the time, it was where I started my visit, but now I go straight to the main Forums page and begin there. Although, you know I had to go there today just because you asked
And because I was looking for the Motto - which; BTW, you should've used for it's very own KatKwiz - LOL. Heck if I'm sure I know it, but I found this on the About TheCatSite page:

Everything here is about cats cats cats!
Perhaps that's it? Who knows. But if no one states it today, I fully expect it to be a question tomorrow

If I had a cat blog or something, I would use the exchange criteria, but since the only website I have is a medical blog for my son and a softball website that I run for my daughters' league, I dont think I will be using it anytime soon. But, once again, it is nice to know how to go about doing it.

As for finding the keywords that a search engine detects.... I think that the tags or meta tags have something to do with this, but I looked on the home page and dont see anything that jumps out at me. And I tried messing with my VIEWs to see if there was something in there, I clicked on the "Page Source" and did a quick search with the find button but didnt see much listed regarding Tags. I feel so clueless.... aside from opening the page in a website editor, I dont know... but guess what I'll be looking for after I hit the "Submit" button?

As for your the points for the Kwiz.... are they actually going down?
I thought it was a bottomless pit. I never thought of the possibility of them running out. But I have my finger on the Donate Button in case of emergency

ETA: I see I was close... when you go to the VIEW menu, after clicking on the PAGE SOURCE option, do a search for "meta name" or "keyword" and voila, the keywords are "cats, kittens, cat health, cat behavior, cat care, cat breeds, cat forums, cat cards, cat links"

I was SO close.

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you ever actually go to the Home Page of The Cat Site much?
I usually just visit the forums.
Unless Im looking for a kwiz answer!

Do you actually know what the motto is of The Cat Site?
Now that I've looked, yes!!

Now that you know about the exchange links, do you think you might use it in the future?
No, I dont have a cat related site so no exchanging for me.

On the Home Page, would you know how to see what the keywords are that search engines use to get to that page?
Sure, right click, view source.

Did you ever think there might not be enough points to last until October 1 and still give out 102,000 points?
Never! But if that issue comes up you need to take a picture of Persi next to a cup and circulate the picture asking for donations

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

no, i almost never go to the home page... & i didn't know about the exchange links, but have no need for them, anyway! i'm not sure of the motto... but i have a TCS shirt that says "Where cats are family" & i consider that the motto,
again, never had the need to know which words would be important, either. i think you'll have plenty of points - i know people have donated in the past, & most likely will continue to do so!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I go to the homepage everytime I come on, because it always appears on my page so I then have to go to catforums and click on that to get to the different forums! The motto is "Its all about cats cats cats" I knew that one too! I dont think I will ever use this special feature of exchanging links due to the fact I do not own my own webpage/website! Or buissness for that matter! Yes I am able to see what the keywords are to get to that particular page, if you look in the bottom of your screen there will be the address when you put your mouce over the top of the page. I think thats right! I dont see any search on the home page however, I do see the main topics that you can get to by clicking on it, but instead of clicking I just held my mouce over the top of it and the url came up in my status bar! It never crossed my mind that there would not be enough points in October, I check to see how many points you have almost daily and you have been remaining steady! I always figure if you get low I can make a donation. Not only that but you said if your points got too low the katkwery superbowl would be sooner than october! So I figure there ought to be enough. What worrys me is that if your points are all gone the katkwiz and katkwery will no longer be able to continue! I love them both so I think that stinks! I want then to continue till the end of time! New members and even old members find it usefull to know the new information that is given out each day!! Thanks for the points by the way!