My parents got a kitty

zooy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We had an unfortunate incident about 4 years ago where we lost all of our pets in a summer. Our dog was put down early July, we had to put down our beloved siamese Sandy from feline leukemia and the next day our Sassy passed away (we don't know what of, we never had a necropsy done). Well my dad said he would never have another pet.
He comes on msn last night telling me that he needs names for something. Goes on webcam and shows me that they adopted a kitten from a shelter. My heart melted... its so cute and I'm so glad that four years later, Dad can open up to a kitten and love it.
Crappy picture but this little girl needs a name... suggestions.

PS. I think mom actually convinced him to adopt it so he doesn't come with her on vacation to visit me next week. She wanted alone time and dad wanted to come! Sneaky mom, but dad looks so happy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zooy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Awwwww it's not just your heart that's melted, mine has as well

Isn't she precious!.

Do they want proper little girls names?
I'm not sure, my dad usually calls everything that walks George so I'm trying to stay away from that.
Also staying away from starts with S ends with Y... as their last three cats were Skitty, Sandy and Sassy.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so sweet. I love that your Dad is such a cat lover. That is such a nic picture, he looks so pleased with his new kitty.
I really think my Dad would have lived longer if he had had some kind of companion after my mom passed away.

zooy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Apparently they got two... When I asked who the other one was he said well this one is mine. I didn't realize he meant the other one was moms...lol
So they named them. Puddy and Scat!
Dad seems so pleased with them. I just talked to him on the phone and he was going on about where they were sleeping and their personalities.
For a man that was suicidal about 3 months ago, this is really good for him. And Mom too...

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ugh. lol I hope he doesn't realize that the word scat is also used for feces!

zooy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

ugh. lol I hope he doesn't realize that the word scat is also used for feces!
LOL!
I'm not as big a fan of it either but I'm sure there is a reason for it. But I'll make a mention of that to them!

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww that's so sweet! Your dad is gonna have really good company
If only my folks would be charmed by a cat... Then I could have one.. or two.. or.....