Seriously! It's not even the 4th yet, why do my neighbors insist on doing fireworks??

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm about ready to introduce my neighbors to my shotgun
(ok so not really, but i'm tempted!
) Since yesterday, our stupid neighbors have shot off fireworks two straight nights in a row!
I'm beyond annoyed! Aside from the fact they're illegal in our city, i don't get the purpose of people shooting them off when it's not even the 4th yet, i see nothing wrong with celebrating the holiday- but don't do it in ways you're not supposed to!
Not to mention- our homes are pretty close together, so the last thing i want is one of those fireworks to land on my house! I'm normally not such a drag, but i've got the worst headache ever at the moment- so their fireworks are just about the last straw!

If people want to see fireworks, i don't see why they can't go down to the city park tonight and watch them there (every year our city does a big organized fireworks show on the 3rd.) Instead, people insist on being dumb and doing them at their houses and annoying the devil out of their neighbors
Whiskey, our Carolina Dog is going absolutely nuts at the moment too thanks to the fireworks
I need earplugs!
Unfortunately for me, DH is at work tonght doing crowd control/traffic at the fire works show (he's a motorcycle cop) so he can't do anything about the neighbors who aren't supposed to be lighting off fireworks in our cove

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
because a lot of people are ignorant and like to be a pain in the backside thats why they set fireworks off before holidays
they do the same thing here and it scares my dog to death so she shakes since she thinks it's thunderstorms

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I know how you feel.. our neighbors have been doing them all evening.. and mostly just the ones that make that loud popping sound.. I almost had a heart attack when I was walking my pom earlier and someone shot one off by where I was.. I jumped and tripped over my foot and had to catch myself from falling over in the ditch because it scared me so much!

We live right outside the city limits and our houses are a ways apart, so I guess they think we can't hear their noisy fireworks and the noisy people that come over to their house and scream all night..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mer636

because a lot of people are ignorant and like to be a pain in the arse thats why they set fireworks off before holidays
they do the same thing here and it scares my dog to death so she shakes since she thinks it's thunderstorms
Originally Posted by Forensic

My neighbors have shot them off every night for a week now... they're lucky neither the dog nor the cat give a darn.
Thanks you guys, glad i'm not the only one who gets irritated by it! I probably wouldn't mind as much if i didn't have such a "lovely" little headache at the moment, but right now my head feels pretty aweful- so their fireworks are totally not helping my mood!
It especially drives me nuts because now poor Whiskey is running around the house all freaked out, barking and growling.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
if its past 11 here you can call the cops for the noise

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now, I love fireworks, just love them, but I also get annoyed by people who start lighting them off so eary.It is mostly the ones that just make loud noise, M80's M100's, entire bricks of firecrackers, etc. I mean really now, we all hear you, we get it, you have the money to drive to Indiana (I live near Chicago, illgal here, Indiana is the closest state to get them legal) are you so cool to make such loud noise and keep all your neighbors awake into the wee hours of the morning and scare their pets.
I do like some shows that people put on, almost professional in the quality, and they take the proper saftey precautions, that impresses me, not loud bangs that come out of nowhere and stupid bottle rockets flying past my head.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh hon, I feel your pain..
My neighbors have decided that tonight, in fact right NOW they are setting them off. No regards for the people who actually have to work tomorrow (like me). What a P. I. T. A. I mean come on, go down to the place where they are actually holding the fireworks on the night they are doing them, and shoot the darn things off there, where noone gives a rats you know what. But don't do it in a residential zone after 10 at night for goodness sakes. How unthoughtful and just plain selfish. I don't come home at 4 am making all the racket they are now, just to spite them, so why are they unthoughtful to me?? I can't wait until Monday ( I can't believe I'm even saying that!!!)

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They just started 2 days ago? Things started around here about 2 weeks ago and will continue for the next few weeks. Be glad you don't live close to Missouri.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i've heard a few firecrackers the last couple of days, too. just don't get the point of those, in particular - they don't even look pretty like sparklers or roman candles!
when i was in my 20s, one of my younger brothers set our roof on fire. he & my other brothers had been doing bottle rockets. then he left for work [don't remember where the others went]. i took my cat outside for some grass & saw smoke... so i put her back in, & walked around the house looking for where it was coming from - & it was from our roof!

i ran in & told mom to call the fire department, then ran back out to find the hose... then my dad drove up, jumped out of his car & grabbed the hose from me, told me to call the FD. i said mom already had - so then, he told me to go get a ladder. i was on my way back w/the ladder when the FD drove up.
needless to say - bottle rockets are no longer allowed at their house! oh, & they also no longer have cedar shingles,
!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sparklers I like. Anything loud, I don't. They are still going as I type. I asked DH if I went out there screaming for them to stop, if he thought they'd think I was nuts. His answer... yes. Oh well. Come on Monday. Hopefully they'll be done by 11. Otherwise they might not like me.....

I love my country, just not the fireworks. They should be banned to all. (except the ones that they set off ONCE a year, by professionals)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow, some of these stories are making me laugh

glad i'm not the only one who would like to strangle a few neighbors tonight! I'm sure the moment i type this they'll start again, but it seems at the moment my neighbors have quit with the fireworks for now. Hopefully they're done for the evening!

Poor Whiskey is all frazzeled and still "patroling" the house

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I think they've finished their noise for the night, so I'm off to bed. Have to feed the hungry mobs tomorrow. Restaurants should be closed on all holidays too. Like the post office and stuff..
Night!

Ok, I lied. Darn inconsiderate people!!!!!! I'm about to make someone not like me!

k.j.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Uh oh, usually we're the one lighting off illegal fireworks..
Not this year though, it's not worth hundreds of dollars.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

wow, some of these stories are making me laugh

glad i'm not the only one who would like to strangle a few neighbors tonight! I'm sure the moment i type this they'll start again, but it seems at the moment my neighbors have quit with the fireworks for now. Hopefully they're done for the evening!

Poor Whiskey is all frazzeled and still "patroling" the house
Things seem to be quieting down here as well (coming up on 11pm) I am lucky the cats aren't phased by the noise at all, about a half hour ago someone sent about 10 bottle rockets flying past the back window, very loud. I think one of them twitched a whisker and possibly may have opened an eye, for a second.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might be in my neighborhood. It is annoying! The animals don't give a care though, but some others do in the neighborhood and won't stop barking
Poor things.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

You might be in my neighborhood. It is annoying! The animals don't give a care though, but some others do in the neighborhood and won't stop barking
Poor things.
It is a very tough holiday for some animals. I had a dog that needed to be sedated on the 4th she got so upset by the noise, poor thing. She would just shake and cower in the bathroom hiding in the tub all day, would not go out to go potty and would end up deficating and uriating on herself. I hated to drug her but just couldn't put her through that trauma.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was asleep until the clock struck midnight! Atleast my neighborhood and others close to here waited until the 4th at exactly the right minute! I brought Mittens in around 10:30 because I had a gut feeling something was going to happen. I turned on a loud fan for him and Watson in the garage and I just checked on them and they are fast asleep. For your sanity, try it for yourself...get a box fan if you don't have one already and turn it on high, it helps drown out the noise and it that doesn't help take a melatonin.
Hope your head feels better!

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel

People in our street often do that about 3 weeks before bonfire night. Because fireworks aren't illegal here and the police over here aren't half as good as over there, they can't do anything.
The worst part of this is that the people who are letting them off decide to do it at around 11pm onwards, and it goes on for hours.

Hope your head gets better

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They started here last Friday. one landed really close if not on the house, because after the loudest bang, I looked out the back window to be greated with smoke and the smell of sulfur. I called the police who figured where they were coming from and said he would talk to them. They are pretty much illegal here. Happy to say, there have not been anymore, except last night I heard a few coming from a different direction. they did not last, or I would have called again. I am not putting up with this nonesense. If more people would call, less people would bother to do it. Tonight is the big night. Probably not much to prevent it tonight and tomorrow night. Hopefully everyone will go to the official firework places, and leave the rest of us alone.