*****KatKwery! - July 3 - 3 winners!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I told DW to use some new words today so I expected to break the long string of 2 winners that we had. And we did, but not in the direction I expected. cocoa creme has now joined in the race for 102,000 (or more) points by using attention, luvmycat1 used bottom which put her in first place but wait, glitch used many and stayed tied for first.
Reason and select were not used.

Remember - the top 8 players will compete head on. If you have zero points now, you would only have to win six times as it stands right now to get in the top eight. And there are still 90 days left. The race is still wide open. You can see the very latest standings including the above winners by clicking on the KatKwery Standings link in my siggy.

And now for today's questions, based as always, on today's KatKwiz.

I guess not too many of you had been to the advanced search option of Members List, right? Now that you know where it is and what it contains, will you be using it to search for valuable information? Do you ever welcome new members? Do you know how to find right now, the very latest new member? Are you a regular visitor of New Cats on the Block?

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I guess not too many of you had been to the advanced search option of Members List, right? Now that you know where it is and what it contains, will you be using it to search for valuable information? Do you ever welcome new members? Do you know how to find right now, the very latest new member? Are you a regular visitor of New Cats on the Block?
I was so close to figuring out today's KatKwiz! I actually did go to the Members List, which I just discovered today, thanks to the KatKwiz! And I did click on the advanced search option, but I just skimmed over its contents without really reading each different search option. I didn't even see the Join Date line! Oh well, I do find it interesting that there are so many ways to find specific members and to find information here at TCS. Even though I still feel like a new member myself, I do try to say hello to at least a couple of people who've just joined each day. I know it makes me feel good when people let me know they're glad I'm a part of the community, so I know it's important to do the same thing for others! Yes, that same little box we talked about yesterday, at the bottom of the main forums page, has the username of the newest TCS member. I don't go to the New Cats forum page specifically, but I do click on the posts from that forum when they appear on the list of new posts, which is usually what I check first when I come to TCS!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I told DW to use some new words today so I expected to break the long string of 2 winners that we had. And we did, but not in the direction I expected. cocoa creme has now joined in the race for 102,000 (or more) points by using attention, luvmycat1 used bottom which put her in first place but wait, glitch used many and stayed tied for first.

Remember - the top 8 players will compete head on. If you have zero points now, you would only have to win six times as it stands right now to get in the top eight. And there are still 90 days left. The race is still wide open. You can see the very latest standings including the above winners by clicking on the KatKwery Standings link in my siggy.

You guessed right.
I've never used the advanced search in member list. I looked in member list for the Katkwiz answer but didn't know where to go from there. I will use it if I have too. I welcome members sometimes but I don't visit New Cats on the Block a lot. I do know how to find the up to date newest member.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

no, i've used the advanced search options to locate threads i was unable to find, but knew existed... but never used it on the members list. i will very likely be using it in the future, however! i often welcome new members w/a gift, but rarely post in the intro thread [assuming they create one, that is] because i have so many threads i'm already subscribed to! the very latest new member's name is at the bottom of the Cat Forums list [when you click on the Cat Forums button, the page it takes you to shows who's online, how many online, how many members vs. guests, & the newest member's name]. as i stated, i don't visit New Cats - altho i often read the intro. i post when the new cat is a Texan - mainly to tel them about our planned meet-up!

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess not too many of you had been to the advanced search option of Members List, right? Now that you know where it is and what it contains, will you be using it to search for valuable information?
I'd never used that option before, how handy! I probably wont use it again until the next kwiz with a question about it comes around but now Ill know where to find the answer!

Do you ever welcome new members? Are you a regular visitor of New Cats on the Block?
No, I feel a bit guilty about that, Ill have to make it a point to head over there the next time Im just staring at my computer screen wondering what to do

Do you know how to find right now, the very latest new member?
Yup, that's a task I can tackle!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ive used the advanced search of members list like a handfull of time... hehe not one of my most favorite I guess! Probably not be using it a whole bunch more, dont know yet! Normally when I use it Im always searching for one of your posts or threads!
I do know how to use it, I just only go there when I have too! I like to welcome new members but Im not really a regular there! I have noticed that you are though! Which is awesome! If you go to the cat site statistics on the bottom of the main forums page you will find who the newest member is... Which is SKY101 So, yup, I know all that stuff! Yay for me!