LOTS of kittens chew electrical cords, or anything even slightly resembling string. You really have to watch out and make sure they don't ingest anything like that, whether it is electrical, plastic, string...any of that stuff can cause severe digestive problems. Plus, who wants their dear kitten getting electrocuted? Yikes! I have 3 kittens myself, and they do try to chew on exposed cords, although they haven't actually sunk their teeth into them. I try to inhibit this behavior by wrapping any exposed cord in aluminum foil. They don't really like the texture of the foil, and and it hides the cords from them, thus cutting down on the chewing drastically. I've also taped down a few exposed phone wires to the carpet using clear packing tape. I would hesitate to spray water on a cat near any electrical source, as that could only increase the danger of electrical shock!