How dumb.....(little rant)

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A friend of mine is looking to move, and is having a hard time finding a place that allows pets, but she called about one that allows dogs, but not cats!!

I mean not even outside cats! I thought that is very odd!! I would think dogs would be more of a threat than cats?!

Has anyone else heard that?

Oh and don't worry, shes not going anywhere that wont allow her kittys!!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard of that around here. People tend to believe that cats should be declawed (or not allowed at all) otherwise they will destroy the property.

I had a nice sit-down with a leasing manager at a former place I rented at because I said I would back out of signing the lease if they tried to force me to declaw my boys...I won.

I think people still "prefer" dogs over cats in a lot of places because cats are misunderstood creatures.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

Maybe the owner of the property has severe cat allergies?
Nope, he has cats!!!
Just a very odd situation.....

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's weird, I've never seen that before. I've seen places that will allow stuff like one cat, no dogs.. but not dogs/no cats.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
that isn't fair that he has a cat but won't let cats into the apartments..bias in my opinion

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, that does seem a bit strange why he won't allow the cats to stay if he already owns some himself! A bit selfish IMO.

Your friend needs to look elsewhere really, as she will probably get better results and the right place she is searching for.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been a property manager for 7 years and I don't understand that!
I could understand if it was dogs OR cats, and not both. But only dogs and not cats?

I take it she will not be moving in there! Glad she won't leave her kitties.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How weird. Cats clean up after themselves. The dog owners have to clean up after them and I am not sure that all dog owners are so good about that.