If you could work.......

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you could work a 4 day work week, would you? Instead of working 5 - 8 hour days, would you be willing to work 4 - 10 hour days???

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well considering I don't work 5 8 hrs days to begin with....
Yes I would but in my past job several positions had to be filled daily so enough coverage would have to be available.

roxsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would do that in a heart beat! I have worked 5 12hour days before so 4 10's wouldn't be that bad...and to have that 3 day weekend!!!!

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to have a job that, during the summer, we worked 4 ten hour days. I loved having a long weekend. It would be great to do that again!

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That would mean that the school system would have to change. My days are M-F 7:30-5 (on most days). If I had the choice, I would definitely work 4 days at 10 hours a day!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on the industry I'm in. I'm currently in two jobs where I'm on my feet essentially all day... I can barely handle the hours I AM doing... but if I were sitting down a fair chunk of the time, yes... I'd do it in a heartbeat. Means more time for me to do other things...

Amanda

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, Yes and Yes again. Not only for the three day weekend but it would save me $48 dollars a month in commuting costs.

Tricia

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, I would love to work 4 ten hour days instead of 5 eight hour days. I have a desk job anyway, so it wouldn't be any harder on me (I have worked two jobs, 14-16 hour days, 7 days a week before so...) and I would LOVE that three day weekend!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would do it. It would be nice to have 3 days off a week but still get your 40 hours. 2 hours more a day is not that much, plus it would save a lot of gas.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would absolutely love to work 4 10's, it would be a dream come true!

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I currently work three 5 1/2 hour days and two 10-11 hour days. If I could switch to a day shift I would totally work four 10 hour days. I work the hours I do now to avoid daycare costs for my children.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by roxsam

I would do that in a heart beat! I have worked 5 12hour days before so 4 10's wouldn't be that bad...and to have that 3 day weekend!!!!
For sure! I'm supposed to work 8 hours, but every week I work at least an extra hour four days a week, usually more. So, what's only 1 extra hour a day for an entire extra day off??

Plus, I only have a 30 min commute one way, but saving an extra hour a day in commute time and gas is nice!!

Ah, to dream...