Teacup Maltipoo

emeraldsongbird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Alright.... so, before I get lectured on how teacups are not the healthiest dogs and all that, let me just say: I KNOW. Teacups aren't natural kinds of dogs and whatnot. BUT - my sister had her heart set on one.

So, we met a breeder about 2 hours away from Athens. She had a handsome little black boy, he was only going to be 2.5 pounds full-grown! And then she had the blonde girl, who will grow to be about 4 pounds.

THIS... is Malibu.

We call her "Boo." She's the cutest little thing ever. It's been my little sister's dream to have a blonde, teacup Maltipoo, and now she finally has her. And she's taking great care of her, I'm so impressed.

It didn't really sit well with me, at first. I would prefer to get pets from a shelter and save a life. BUT... it's my sister's birthday, she worked so hard to convince our dad, and so I bought her what she wanted. Yes, the puppy put a hole in my pocket, but I've never seen my sister so unselfish and giving. It was one of the best decisions I ever made.

And I would've spent the rest of my money on Boo's little brother, except my dad would've killed me for bringing home two dogs, and Bella would've never meowed at me again for bringing some little squirt onto her territory.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is precious! So tiny and such a cutie.

Originally Posted by EmeraldSongbird

It didn't really sit well with me, at first. I would prefer to get pets from a shelter and save a life. BUT... it's my sister's birthday, she worked so hard to convince our dad, and so I bought her what she wanted. Yes, the puppy put a hole in my pocket, but I've never seen my sister so unselfish and giving. It was one of the best decisions I ever made.
I agree with the prefering to rescue pets instead of buy, but everyone has their own reasons. And if she is loving her and taking good care of her, that is what matters.

Sounds like you are a great big sister!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emeraldsongbird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
lol I'm hardly a "great big sister." I wish that could be true. I just hope everytime I mess up in the future now, my sis remembers that I bought her the love of her life.

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EmeraldSongbird

It didn't really sit well with me, at first. I would prefer to get pets from a shelter and save a life.
I understand!!! I want a black or brown purebread modern oriental shorthair cat more then anything. I know I will likely not find my dream cat at a shelter and I've always rescued. Also the amount I donate to the shelter everytime I adopt would be enough to buy one
I think one day I might have to have my dream kitty....... like your sister I owe it to myself.

I don't know about the teacups myself....... but he is awfully cute and it sounds like your sister and him are making eachother very happy