Those things that make you believe in miracles...

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have any of you ever been subject to events that seem like they were meant to happen a certain way? I havenâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t thought about it all that much – right now Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m particularly curious about them, though.

I was reminiscing about Ditto today (for those of you who donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t know he was a kitten of mine that passed away last winter) and started thinking about what I could do to keep remembering him – things like that. Anyway, for the first time since Christmas I remember that I had this little picture frame ornament thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s has an angel on it. A week or around there before I realized that Ditto was sick I had this brilliant idea to print up a picture of him and put it in there. After cutting it to the right size and putting it in I remember thinking that it would be fun to see how much he had grown the next year…a sort of comparison. Then, I remember thinking something about ‘I hope he doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t dieâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]. Then, lo and behold, he gets sick and passes away a month later. I didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t think about the ornament until now and couldnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t help but think it was odd that I had the urge to put Dittoâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s picture in the frame rather than one of any of the other cats or kittens.

Do you have any stories like that (or ones that seem to have only happened by an outside force)? Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]d love to hear them…Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m really intrigued by them right now.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was at a fourway stop one day and I was going to go straight then turn into a gas station to get something. I was just about to go, started taking my foot off the brake, when I decided to turn left instead. So I stepped back on the brake and flipped on my turn signal. Just then a guy in a big pickup truck ran the stop sign going fairly fast. I found out he was drunk because after he went through the stop he cranked the wheel to the right and hit this huge boulder the gas station keeps on the corner of their lot. So if I hadn't decided to turn and went straight instead that guy probably would have hit me.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
the BF and I were going to the airport to pick up his dad but we decided to leave 10 minutes later than what we were going and as we passed a spot there was a horrible accident where we would have been if we had left the time we were suppose to it seems someone had crossed the center line and smashed up 2 cars killing everyone in one car

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any life saving miracles, but I do have this story which is really strange.

My dad passed away in 2003. It was a miracle in itself that I was there when it happen because I lived on the other side of the world at that time I happened to be in the states for a business trip and my boss allowed me a few days to go see my dad (he had lung cancer and wasn't doing good).

Anyway, after he passed, my mom and I were getting together his clothes to lay him out in. She wanted me to look for his special tie tack. I was rooting though his drawers and, in the very back corner, I found a small jewelry box.

Now, dad lost his original wedding ring 10 years before. We went for brunch at a restaurant and he thought he took it off to wash his hands. At that time they were married for over 30 years and he only wore it for special occassions. He was heart broken and so was mom. He called the restaurant and searched the car, they both tore the house apart...but no ring. So for their next anniversary Mom bought him another ring, but it wasn't ingraved.

So, in that small box, I found an engraved wedding ring. It was his orginial. With the names, dates, everything engraved in the ring. I don't know how he forgot putting it in a box, or how it ended up in the back of his sock drawer but it was there. My mom and I cried, but I got chills. It was like dad was directing my to find it so he could wear it one last time.

I still get chills thinking about it.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What you describe seems more like a premonition... and it's similar to something that happened to me. We were stationed at Fort Sill, Oklahoma, when I was seven years old, and one morning at school, the teacher departed from the usual lessons to talk to us about the U.S. government and the Presidency -- because a couple of hours southeast of us there at Fort Sill, President Kennedy was visiting Dallas.

I only asked one question that morning, and it was, "What would happen if the President died?"

A couple of hours later, of course, came the principal's tearful announcement over the PA. I don't know whether anyone else remembered that I'd asked that, but I've sure never forgotten. For many years, I felt as if I had somehow caused the assassination.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before my Mom died I had this bad feeling she would die the next day. I left a not in teh safe at work saying I wasnt coming in the next day because my Mom would die. I also get this dream that it was a mistake she died and she comes back.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

What you describe seems more like a premonition... and it's similar to something that happened to me. We were stationed at Fort Sill, Oklahoma, when I was seven years old, and one morning at school, the teacher departed from the usual lessons to talk to us about the U.S. government and the Presidency -- because a couple of hours southeast of us there at Fort Sill, President Kennedy was visiting Dallas.

I only asked one question that morning, and it was, "What would happen if the President died?"

A couple of hours later, of course, came the principal's tearful announcement over the PA. I don't know whether anyone else remembered that I'd asked that, but I've sure never forgotten. For many years, I felt as if I had somehow caused the assassination.
see, i don't remember the assassination at all. mom thought i might, because it was all over the tv, but i don't. i'm only 2 years younger than you...

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get many of these things, but i presume i get it from my mum as we consider her a witch a nice one though.

We were learning about Anne Frank in class, and I said to my self, "I wonder what its like to wonder around the streets of Frankfurt" on that same day the next year we found out we were moving to Germany... To Frankfurt.

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cocoalily

Have any of you ever been subject to events that seem like they were meant to happen a certain way? I havenâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t thought about it all that much – right now Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m particularly curious about them, though.
I worked at a summer camp in 2006 and after it was over, I stayed in town for a little while. I was looking for a place to move to and was thinking about Vegas. I was talking to my mom about it and she mentioned that I could move in with her. So, the 3rd week in September '06, I moved to my mom and stepdads place. My stepdad had started over the road trucking with my cousin, working for FedEx in August. Anyway...my stepdad and cousin come home for a break and my mom and stepdad go on a weekend trip for their 9th anniversary. They come back and he has 1 more day before going back on the road. We have a BBQ in the backyard and me and John (stepdad) sit outside after dinner, just talking for about an hour. He leaves the next day. A week later, my cousin calls my mom and tells her that John died in his sleep in the truck.

3 weeks after I moved in...if I didn't move in, she would be living in the house all by herself. I've been here ever since...

As it is, I'm leaving in September to teach English in Prague. I feel bad about leaving her alone, but she has some good friends in town.

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tend to have loads of freaky premonitions

Last Wednesday before I was going riding I thought to myself and said to my mom 'I bet today Monty will go lame and I'll be stuck riding Annie for God knows how long' and it happened. Then I said that I would never be able to ride Monty again, and it happened.

It was so weird!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I have told this story before, but here goes.
I was at work one evening, and got this almost physical pull toward the ER. I got there just as they were taking my then 2 year old daughter in for an injury sustained while playing. She ended up ok, with just a few stitches on her cheek. After it was all over, my mom realized she had not called me. She asked who had called me, and my baby said "I did."