Wish me luck!

orltwa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well I have my two boys, about a year and 3 months old. They haven't visited the vet since they were neutered at three months old. However tomorrow is their annual check-up (yes I'm one of those OCD owners that takes their animals for yearly checkups). I can only imagine how mad they are going to be with me once we get home!!!
I'm probably going to get the "they need to lose weight lecture!"

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They are so adorable, what little cuties. Weight wise they don't look bad to me at all. They look nice and healthy. Good luck

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by aswient

They are so adorable, what little cuties. Weight wise they don't look bad to me at all. They look nice and healthy. Good luck
how much do they weigh?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

orltwa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

how much do they weigh?
I honestly don't know. I'm guessing maybe 11 or 12 pounds? Ernie (golden one) has quite a belly on him.
It's always funny to see that belly swinging from side to side as he's racing through the house.

More than getting the lecture, I'm worried about them being mad at me when we get home and not using the litter box to spite me. Anyone else ever had that problem after a vet visit?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by orltwa

More than getting the lecture, I'm worried about them being mad at me when we get home and not using the litter box to spite me. Anyone else ever had that problem after a vet visit?
no. took Java today - went & got her shots, then we went to Petsmart [she came in - in her carrier] for cat food. she did great.
Chip, OTOH, decided to take a dump in the carrier about 5 minutes from home... & we went straight to the shot place & back!

orltwa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well I'm happy to report no ill effects of today's vet visit. After some growling, hissing, spitting and the like, my boys are back at home and chasing each other around like nothing happened. While at the vet they were rather obnoxious, especially when the vet came in, but I guess that is to be expected. A year and 3 months old and Ernie is 14.4 lbs and Santo is 12.2 lbs. I asked the vet about them being "fat" and he said "nah, they are just big healthy cats."
My boys don't know how good they have it around here!!! Now if they would only let me sleep past 7am!

lilyluvscats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm glad the vet visit went well. One of mine is a very very bad patient. He literally yelled when he ot his last shot. I had to LOL. you would have thought they were killing him.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I swear, they are JUST like my(well, sharky's on July 18th) PJ & Punky!

They're 12-13 lbs. And not fat, just "beefy".
Right down to the coloration, too.

orltwa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I swear, they are JUST like my(well, sharky's on July 18th) PJ & Punky!

They're 12-13 lbs. And not fat, just "beefy".
Right down to the coloration, too.
Maybe we can have a "play date" and play hide and go seek to see if we get confused as to which pair we find.

Yes, I like that term "beefy" as in "not missing any meals." Mine are frequently in at their food dish, but dad works them out pretty good with the laser pointer each night before bed.