scoe10x vs. nature's miracle-pee odor

jillfm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Anyone have any experience using SCOE10x on cat pee smell? Did you find it any better than Nature's Miracle? I have used the latter repeatedly on plywood subfloor under a carpet we just took up that was peed on by our 19yr. cat & it has made the smell better, but not gone. We plan to install laminate over it soon & would like to everything we can including sealing with a primer first.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have found Nature's miracle to be lacking for total cleaning. I use their disinfectant for the boxes and I use the big gallon size to run a mop over my hardwood floors. It helps keep my house fresh. For urine I use a mixture of baking soda, peroxide and vinegar. If it is in the bathroom then I add a cap ful of bleach. I soak the area so that it gets deeper than urine would have. I then follow up with a product called Urine Off that also cleans the pheromones. Then I spray the area with Feliway. So far so good. I know it sounds like overkill but I use my black light and it honestly takes some work to get it out of some materials.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For odor elimination, I've tried Zero Odor (http://www.zeroodorstore.com/) and it worked remarkably well, better than Nature's Miracle, which I do like for stain removal.

It's not cheap, however, and in the past you had to get it shipped, which ran up the delivery charges on liquids. However, some Bed Bath & Beyond's have started carrying it, so that helps with the shipping problem. I think you can contact customer service at the web site and they can see if a local BB&B carries it.

Good luck!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CC12

I know it sounds like overkill but I use my black light and it honestly takes some work to get it out of some materials.
i would think a plywood subfloor would be really hard to get it out of, too!

skimble

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not familiar with that product, but would like to know what you find about how well it works. I have had great luck with www.weecleaner.com and www.urineoff.com.

I will be watching for replys.....always looking for a good product.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If it's in the plywood subfloor, I would totally saturate the area repeatedly with an odor neutralizer (can't speak for SCOE10x because I've never tried it), let it dry completely, then put a few coats of polyeurathane on it to seal it. The alternative is to replace the sub floor, which can be very costly and time consuming. Painting over it with primer won't help you.

I fixed a similar problem in my house. Stumpy had been marking a carpeted spot in the bathroom when he was ill and it worked into the sub floor. We ripped out the carpet, did the treatment as above, then laid down tile. You can't smell it at all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jillfm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I ended up repeatedly spraying with Nature's miracle, which didn't really take care of it. After it was dry, I primed & primed about 5 coats with a shellac-based primer. Smell is all gone! New floor is in & no smell even with the high humidity.