scary news!!!

x0fantasy_

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This apt place i've been living in for hte last ten years has decided to give us permission to have cats only as pets *its usually a non-pet acceptance*, or at least they were thinking about it. So i got my chance and went and picked up Jellow n Khi, and today I heard that they are NO LONGER allowing cats at the apartments. I'm so scared because I may have to get rid of J n K

I'm scared, and I don't know what to do!

Help!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by x0fantasy_

This apt place i've been living in for hte last ten years has decided to give us permission to have cats only as pets *its usually a non-pet acceptance*, or at least they were thinking about it. So i got my chance and went and picked up Jellow n Khi, and today I heard that they are NO LONGER allowing cats at the apartments. I'm so scared because I may have to get rid of J n K

I'm scared, and I don't know what to do!

Help!
if it was ok when you got them, i don't think they can make you get rid of them... maybe it just means no new tenants can have cats? i'd ask!

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am the wrong person to give advice because when I was renting I got my cats anyway. I was supposed to have one I had three. The last place didn't care how many you had as long as they were cats. My home is finally done so I answer to no one now.
I just kept the landlord out and if I had a maintenance request I would put the cats away. You got the cats when they said it was ok so you should be fine. I am not recommending being a liar but I am not recommending making yourself too obvious either. If you would feel better about it then ask them. Ask them if you could put an extra deposit down.
I am a responsible owner and would never allow my pets to destroy property and if they did I was prepared to fix it out of my own pocket.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you had them before the ban, you should be able to keep them.
I rent, and I am not supposed to have any pets. I have 4 cats, but as long as they get the rent, and we do not ask them to fix anything, they pretty much leave us alone.

danits_24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to read that you are being forced not to own a pet... especially a cat, which is an amazing animal! I certainty wouldn't get rid of my cats, I would hide them if necessary, they can't just serch your house to find them... if it won't help, I would simply move to another place. I think a love for a pet is strong, he is just like a famiy.
Good luck, and keep us updated if you can...

unicacat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OMG, how can they just change out of nowhere, no warnings or anything! WTH!
I personally dont think you dont have to give away your cats, and you have the right to keep them!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

x0fantasy_

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have maintance coming in today to fix my celeing fan in the bedroom and I gotta hide the cats and EVERYTHING cat included into the second bedroom. I play on sitting there and having Jake *the boyfriend* take care of everything like I'm not even there.

Its in the lease that they aren't allowed, but when they said they were changing their minds, I went and got two. I refuse to get rid of them and I will call the OWNER of these buildings and let him have a piece of my mind. I don't really like this landlord anyway. I hear the owner is way nicer

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We totally have 3 cats and never paid a pet deposit in our apartment! Most places will never figure it out or investigate. Even if you had things lying around, a maintenance person isn't going to think, "hmm, I wonder if they paid their pet deposit." But in your case since they're saying no pets allowed at all, putting everything away is a good idea.

Don't worry about it. You keep your cute kitties! They shouldn't be able to change their minds on you once you have moved in and gotten animals. If they try to, explain the situation and offer to pay a pet deposit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

x0fantasy_

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had my first run in with maintance

EVERYTHING went successfully

Jake hid Khi in the closet and Jellow was just all over

It was funny

skimble

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Glad things went well. How is Jellow doing? Is he getting better? I sure hope so. That is a scary kind of injury with the movement troubles. Wishing you and your babies continued good interactions with the maintenance people.