Constant Crying!!!

loopybex123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Help! My cat Oliver is constantly crying but he is not in pain, or hungry or anything! He is just sat crying and when i give him attention (like i thought he wanted) he just carries on. Hes an house cat and on his own does anyone think its because he wants to go outside or hes just lonely?

Please help hes driving me mad! Becky x x x

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, does he ever get to see another cat, or play with you and toys, or ??? It's hard to guess not knowing any more. Is he neutered? Is the crying new or not? Did you recently move?

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not sure if this might be it, but is he neutered? Is he meowing at the door or at a window? When my cat wants to go outside (I don't let her outside) she hovers around the door and behind the blinds by the windows and meows begging to go out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

loopybex123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
yes hes neutered, we haven't done anything different and we give him constant attention and play with him all the time. hes like our big baby! It is new as in the last three days... but i was off work (sick) the other day and was woken up by a local stray knocking on the window at him but not in a violent way. I'm wondering if its connected.

Thank you for your replies so soon Becky (and Oliver) x x

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my experience (plenty), cats cry for other cats, even if they act hostile when they meet them in person for a few weeks. They just need other cats around, so if you can get her a friend (a younger male is the best choice, or else a very docile female who won't be a threat), do it. You won't believe how instantly (I do mean instantly) the crying will stop the minute the other cat shows up, even if you keep them semi-separated for the intro period.

hllywood

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone i'm new to the site!

My Jubilee seems to be acting the same way, we just recently moved to a new apartment, (which pets aren't allowed) but i smuggled her in. Not only have i been playing with her before i go to bed, but every morning at 6am she just lays in the kitchen and meows like crazy, not quite ones either, loud long meows. I'll get up and check on her and she just looks at me and meows. She also will just walk around and meow. She has all kind of toys to play with, i just don't understand.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Seldon my chatterbox meows his loud meows if I call him he will come running for me. Usually he is looking for me or one of his playmates. It sounds like lonely cats. Cats are not pack animals but they do enjoy a companion most of the time.

hllywood

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well even when i call her, she coming zooming into my room, jumps on my bed, runs across me and then goes underneath the bed and cries. So yeah i have no idea, maybe i'll take her over to have a playdate with my boyfriends cat, they are about the same age.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

loopybex123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have got a new kitty! Oliver has stopped his crying but mostly because hes a little confused as to what the small fluffy thing is, will see if it settles him having a play mate around. Its a 8 week old tom so i don't see there being any problems.
If Oliver would only stop chasing him lol! Becky x x x

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think he was just lonely.

When I am away for several hours I always leave the radio on as company for my 2 kitties. While it isn't me there with them, it's voices and noise, so that helps.

In addition to your new companion, you also might try leaving the radio or tv on for them.

proudmomof3cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Some cats also are just talkative. Our cat Root lays in the bathroom at the same time every night and does what we call singing. He will go on for an hour or so and then fall asleep. He is healthy, happy, and just loves to hear his voice!

Manda

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Zane gets these episodes. It started right after my father died--Zane was his cat--and I was sure it was because he missed his Special Person. It stopped after a few months, but it has started again (it is now a little over a year since Father left us).

The Vet says that there's nothing physically wrong with him.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by proudmomof3cats

Some cats also are just talkative. Our cat Root lays in the bathroom at the same time every night and does what we call singing. He will go on for an hour or so and then fall asleep. He is healthy, happy, and just loves to hear his voice!

Manda
Oh how cute. You should video tape that and post it on youtube.