Lily's birthing story with PICS!!!!

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, Saturday was moving day. We've been moving things for 3 weeks already and that
day was for furniture and cats. The movers were 6.5 hrs late coming, so didn't show up
till 3:30 pm. We moved the cats at 10 pm, starting with the 2 devons and Lily, then
hubby went back to town and got the other 2 boys. As soon as he left, Lily started
acting totally abnormal...wanting me and wanting her tummy rubbed/massaged..
would NOT let me leave her. Well, this went on until 2 am, and she slept in the birthing room
with me ON the bed which she NEVER does. She would cry when I shut my eyes...well I finally got to sleep around 3 am.

So Sunday comes and she's calm and relaxed and totally normal...eating and all. No signs
of nesting or anything. We carried on our day like normal unpacking and all that....
my house is 3800 sq ft so there's much to put away and organize. Monday as well, she was calm as were the
other cats finally as they figured out they weren't going to be without us or their stuff.

So we went to bed after midnight, got a good night sleep UNTIL we woke up around 10 this morning and couldn't find Lily.
Well, my daughter let her in her room and low and behold she's in the walk-in closet.
Hubby says, oh she's had some...4 of them...on my new carpet LOL.

So I allowed her to have all of them there...wasn't sure how many more, but I helped with
4 of them, all placentas delivered...wow, much more blood than I remembered LOL Two
pushes for each kitten and no crying...I was amazed. My daughter said she didn't hear
a thing.

We moved her to the birthing room when we couldn't feel anymore (and after 8 of them,
we were sure she was done LOL) She nursed and nursed all day, and just came out for a wander and to eat and drink.

I now have 13 cats, I'm gonna be busy LOL

Here's the pics!!!

Just a shot of one tabby's markings...beautiful!

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
woah 8 kittens! That is crazy! Do any have "funky" hair? I can't wait to watch them grow up they all look like they will be beautiful.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, i predict we'll be inundated with cuteness before these lovelies leave for new homes!
[died due to no cuteness warning on this thread!!!]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Woops, no cuteness warning...was in too much of a hurry to get pics on LOL

I am going to take more pics tomorrow of how beautiful they are. I also have to buy a scale to weigh them daily. I know I had 2 months to do this LOL but with moving and all the stuff that has been going on here, it hasn't been on the priority list LOL

I am just wiped these days too with moving and such. We also have very large salt water fish tanks and had to get all the fish and coral moved here as well last night...it's been a month long process, but all are here...except my seahorses, but they're still at our suppliers place, so they're fine LOL

I still am kinda shocked that a first time mom would have 8 kittens...I've only ever had 7 at the most, and this is simply amazing that there were no stillborns or deformities...I guess she did well during pregnancy. And yes, she'll be fixed as soon as she's able to be.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lindsay, not sure what you mean by funky hair, they seem pretty normal looking to me. Having said that, Dad is a devon, no tabby in his side of the family (none of the breeders kittens have ever been tabby...seen many of the pics of her kittens), must have been in Mom's side, but both her parents were siamese, so I dont know....i hope someone comes in like GoldenKitty to tell me how this happened LOL

asmileforonlyu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've seen tabby's with almost every litter with the exception of when I raised white/blue eyed cats. It tends to pop up when the father is black or dark colored.

They are soooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
WOW they are TOO CUTE!!!!!!!!! can't wait to see more pictures as they grow!

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have no idea if we are keeping any. We have homes for a couple of them but haven't done any scouting for other homes yet. We'll see how things go LOL

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, 8 beautiful bundles of joy! You will have your hands FULL! In a few weeks, you'll never have a dull moment at your house!

They are all so beautiful, I'm so glad things went well with the delivery and moving and all.

PS- I sure hope laureen227's prediction is right!

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There's never a dull moment in our house even without 8 new additions LOL. There's always something happening here.

I went to weigh the babies and my scale doesn't friggen work ....ARRRG!! Now I have to take it back for a new one, and I'm so mad....they're 48 hrs old now and I want a weight log and want to see where we're at as compared to the norm.

whitepwny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awwwwwww sooo cute. This makes me even more anxious to see what Murphy's babies will look like, as our daddy Max is Siamese. I can't believe she had EIGHT! I know she was huge!!! That is just crazy. =o) I have a feeling that Murphy will have 3 or 4. As I for sure can feel 3 moving around.... (I think...) Thanks for posting! I'll be anxious to see more pics as they are growing!

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was amazed actually that half of them are not siamese because the father is Devon Rex and his genes are recessive....I guess the color genes aren't LOL

I will say that 8 babies is alot and not the norm for a first time mom. I hope you get at least one siamese in your upcoming litter
These little guys are the most cutest things ever...I mean we all love our cats, but when they're itty bitty they are so precious...I love them

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I haven't looked to determine sexes yet, but that's coming LOL. As soon as I can figure them out, I will post! My daughter seems to think all the tabbies are girls and has named them all LOL I think "Runty" is a boy though from what I could tell, but not sure.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww they're cute! 8 is an awful lot I should think. Momma cat's done a marvellous job

wingss2fly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMG!! Once you name them they are yours...........LOL

We made the mistake of naming, we kept all 4.

Good luck with the kids!! Mamma will be a very busy woman for the next 4 weeks.
Wait till they all use the litter box

Enjoy!
K.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think the main reason for naming them is so that we can relate to each other who's doing what. With 3 tabbies and 4 siamese, it's hard to tell them apart. I know that in a week or so, they'll have started to develop their own personalities too, so we can call so and so Sucky, Rumbo, ect..that's just examples.

I don't know if we're keeping any or not...we've got the 4 adults already and now 8 babies. We'll see what happens