8 weeks today, and I can hardly wait!!!

whitepwny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's such a long story..... but we got this kitten and were told it was a male. So we then had... Martin, Murphy and Max. Little did we know that Mr. Murphy was actually Mz. Murphy... and she ended up going into heat. Our fullbred Siamese, Max was all over it. He and she did their thing, and now Murphy girl is filling out fast. The kittens are moving like crazy in her belly. She isn't really showing any signs of impending labor, altho last night.. .he back kept contracting... and then it just simply stopped. How long did each of your cats gestation last? She is 56 days today. It definately feels like there are 3 kittens ... AT LEAST. I will get pictures of her belly up today.

I feel so sorry for her, as she is just so big, and seems very uncomfortable. She is pretty small to begin with. This is her pre pregnancy and a picture of Daddy.

Murphy (mommy)

Max (daddy)

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck! I hope everything goes well. Be sure to keep the male FAR AWAY from the female from right now (hopefully you have been since you realized she was pregnant) until you can have her spayed and him neutered. He will continue to mate with her the second she has those babies and may even harm them so that she will be more interested in him. Please be responsible and have your male neutered.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whitepwny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, they are being kept apart. I really wish I had known that Murphy was a female, I honestly wouldn't have gotten her. BUT. Now that we know that she is a female, and pregnant, we are a happy, I really guess we have no other option other than to be happy. The boys will be fixed within the next week to two weeks. And yes, she will be kept FAR away from them until that time. And then she herself will be spayed. Thanks for the well wishes. =o)

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear! Don't forget males can still get females pregnant for 1-2 months AFTER they are neutered.

theallis5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow! Mommy and Daddy are both beautiful! Can't wait to see that litter! To answer one of your questions, my female cat's gestational period was about 64 days. We waited on pins and needles through the whole thing. So exciting! She's now fixed, so no more babies for her. She was a great mom, but the man who gave her to us had let her have 2 litters, and was only giving her away because he didn't want any more babies. We kept 2 of the babies, and they're so much fun! Do you think you'll keep any?

whitepwny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, we are thinking of keeping one. It is true, both parents are just soooo cute, that I can't wait to see what the babers will look like!!!!! Hubby and I have talked and said that if there is a favorite after this litter, we will keep JUST ONE. It will probably just be difficult to decide which one! Thank you for answering my question. If Murphy goes to 64 days... that will be approx July 10th. It's very hard to wait. It's very similar to the feeling I had waiting to go into labor with my own children.

wingss2fly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mz. Murphy will be ready to get Pregers on ya about 10 DAYS after she delivers.

K.

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look forward to seeing the little kitties. If it were me I'd be having the 2 males neutered now before the birth. They'll need some quiet time & you won't have to be worried about them getting to the mom for as long.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kalikat

Look forward to seeing the little kitties. If it were me I'd be having the 2 males neutered now before the birth. They'll need some quiet time & you won't have to be worried about them getting to the mom for as long.
good idea!

whitepwny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wish I could, but can't for two weeks. Husband was injured at work last week, and this week there is no pay coming in. We are sitting on a little egg, but thank God we had that... we will need it for food and gas to get us thru til next week. I will keep them apart. She is in my room with 4 windows.. she loves it in here. Gets her own food, and own litter box. My children, ages 11, 9, and 7 are all so excited... =o) It really is exciting just waiting and wondering what they will look like and how many there are. Thanks again guys, I just love reading this forum.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you looked around for low cost clinics? They are all over the place and some charge as little as $15-$25 for a male to get neutered. Just google search or call your local humane society and they might be able to tell you about some near you.

Start saving now because those kittens are going to go through kitten chow like crazy once they are beginning to wean off mom. They will also need vaccines starting from around 4-6 weeks and then every 3 weeks until they leave mom. They need to be with mom until 12 weeks minimum. Each of those times they get their vaccines they will also need dewormed.

whitepwny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

Have you looked around for low cost clinics? They are all over the place and some charge as little as $15-$25 for a male to get neutered. Just google search or call your local humane society and they might be able to tell you about some near you.

Start saving now because those kittens are going to go through kitten chow like crazy once they are beginning to wean off mom. They will also need vaccines starting from around 4-6 weeks and then every 3 weeks until they leave mom. They need to be with mom until 12 weeks minimum. Each of those times they get their vaccines they will also need dewormed.
Yes, I have loooked around and there is nothing close by here. I have called and nothing as well. And yes, I know there are costs with the kits. I was told from my vets office that they can leave mommy at 8 weeks. I in fact got all my kits at 8 weeks, except the one I took from the shelter that had been abused and she was right around 6 weeks. Everyone here wants 50 - 60 for the boys to be neutered.

I am understanding all the costs, and I am just trying to keep upbeat about the kittens. They will be here in a few days,
I did not plan this, as I thought I had all boys. Please understand that. Murphy was not a cat that liked being around people, and she was always hidden. I didn't get to just look too often at her, INCLUDING her private region. As soon as she went into heat, she was suddenly a great cat to have.. she was friendly and she came around all the time. Since her pregnancy, she has been fantastic. Loves sitting by me. It's truly been fun. I am doing the best I can. I really am. =o)

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
White, my siamese just had babies yesterday at day 66. She had eight of them. She was so huge I knew she was going to have a least 7, and I was right...however, I had no idea she'd have 8 of them. I would give your kitty momma another 7-10 days before she delivers.

I know your kids are excited...mine are! My daughter is 10 and wants to be a vet when she is older, so this was so exciting for her. My 17 yr old hasn't been around much but he saw them last night and thought they were so cute. He had a hard time believing she had 8 when i told him when he was at work. I'm still in shock actually as it's only been 12 hrs since we found the first 4, and it was noon when she had all 8 LOL

Good luck with your momma!

whitepwny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by skewch

White, my siamese just had babies yesterday at day 66. She had eight of them. She was so huge I knew she was going to have a least 7, and I was right...however, I had no idea she'd have 8 of them. I would give your kitty momma another 7-10 days before she delivers.

I know your kids are excited...mine are! My daughter is 10 and wants to be a vet when she is older, so this was so exciting for her. My 17 yr old hasn't been around much but he saw them last night and thought they were so cute. He had a hard time believing she had 8 when i told him when he was at work. I'm still in shock actually as it's only been 12 hrs since we found the first 4, and it was noon when she had all 8 LOL

Good luck with your momma!
Thank you very much! The daddy is a Siamese, and I am very anxious to see what the babies will look like! I think I feel 3 kicking around... but I could be very wrong. She is getting very big... but not huge yet. =o) Anyway, thank you for the well wishes. I appreciate it. I'll keep everyone updated on what's going on with her. Thanks again.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WhitePwny

Thank you very much! The daddy is a Siamese, and I am very anxious to see what the babies will look like! I think I feel 3 kicking around... but I could be very wrong. She is getting very big... but not huge yet. =o) Anyway, thank you for the well wishes. I appreciate it. I'll keep everyone updated on what's going on with her. Thanks again.
I can only imagine your shock. My Lucia is taking forever to deliver and I would have been worried except for I felt a foot move today across her belly. Enjoy this time. Kittens are a pure joy to have around. Those will be some beautiful kittens. Pictures are a must! I would focus on the birth and kittens and then get the s/n done like you said. Buy kitten food by the case for the discount!
I am sure the kids will be glad to help keep the boys away. I keep my cats away from Lucia and it is really easy.
When those showstoppers are born I wanna know!

whitepwny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Murphy has been acting a little different today. She has been meowing ALOT while around us.. and she's been sleeping ALOT today. I also noticed a little white crusties around her nipples... I'm assuming it would be her milk, and shes definately swollen around them, as if the ducts were filling. I'm assuming this is what is happening. Does this mean she will labor soon? *hopeful*

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I didn't notice much for milk until the day before Lily delivered. All cats are different too, but you'll know when she does things she doesn't normally do. I sure hope its soon for your sake, I know how anxious it can be LOL

whitepwny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by skewch

I didn't notice much for milk until the day before Lily delivered. All cats are different too, but you'll know when she does things she doesn't normally do. I sure hope its soon for your sake, I know how anxious it can be LOL
OMG I know! I just watch them all moving around inside her .... I call one Crazyhorse. hahaha... he just flips all over the place. I feel sorry for Murph sometimes. The kittens seem to be lower today. Nomally CH kitten I can always feel freaking out by her rib cage on her right side... and now today her belly is drooping more, and he is much lower... at least I think its that little squirmy worm! Day 60... and counting!

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you and your husband are wonderful people for doing your best by the kitties, including the beautiful little momma to be. Heck, lots of people have problems sexing the little ones, and you were going by the info you were given.

Have you checked with your own vet if they'll work something out for you regarding fixing your boys now maybe if the low cost places aren't working out? A friend rescued a kitten, found out she was actually a very scrawny, but pregnant, 9 month old, and her vet was wonderful about stretching out payments, etc, for all the visits and procedures involved for mom and the eventual 5 kittens. I guess it helped she had been a steady client with her now RB kitties, but it never hurts to ask.

In any event, bless you both, and best wishes for a good delivery and a healthy mom and kits.