Headaches

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been getting them everyday four about four days now. They aren't bad, more annoying than anything. It's always behind my eyes and they make me clench my jaws. I don't really have neck pain just slight stiffness. It sounds like a tension headache but I've never gotten them day after day before. I'm always under stress so I don't think I'd suddenly get headaches from it when I've never had them from stress in the past. My vison is fine so I don't know what the deal is.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
constipation, hunger, sinus, allergies, are just a few. Maybe you should see a doc. brain tumor causes headaches as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

constipation, hunger, sinus, allergies, are just a few. Maybe you should see a doc. brain tumor causes headaches as well.
Well I have been constipated lately. I can still go to the bathroom, I'm just not going as often as what's normal for me. (that's constipation right?)

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Headaches behind your eyes are usually sinus related. Have you ever tried sinus medicine for them?

But I have a weird question for you: how long is your hair? I had headaches everyday for years when I had long hair and they went away the day I cut it short. Over the last year I let it grow long again and when I started to get headaches again, I cut it short and they went away again.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Headaches behind your eyes are usually sinus related. Have you ever tried sinus medicine for them?

But I have a weird question for you: how long is your hair? I had headaches everyday for years when I had long hair and they went away the day I cut it short. Over the last year I let it grow long again and when I started to get headaches again, I cut it short and they went away again.
My hair is medium/long.

roxsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Behind the eyes definitely sounds like a sinus headache. When that happens try taking some kind of advil sinus or tylenol sinus as the decongestant can help clear you out and the pain killer will help the pain (obvioulsy!!). Also, to avoid getting your sinuses clogged up try using a Saline nasal spray daily! This will help keep it moist and cleared out. Try Ocean nasal spray or just a generic store brand saline nasal spray. That way you aren't putting drugs in your body but still helping to prevent sinus problems

Of course if that not it, it could be so many things! Too much or lack of caffeine, dehydration, fatigue/lack of sleep, need to eat, allergies, hormones, stress, weather changes, change in routine or exercise..etc etc!! If they keep up for too long you should see a doc

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
otoh, i've had an 'eyebrow' headache most of the day today. thought it was sinus - took a decongestant & painkillers - no relief. just took an Imitrex shot - it's much better! that's my migraine med, so it is/was a migraine, regardless of the location. [my migraines are usually in the temple area].

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ibuprophen usually takes care of my headaches. If it was sinuses Ibuprophen probably wouldn't help.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With the way the weather has been in the mid west, I'm betting it is sinus. My sinuses drive me crazy when weather changes, even if it goes from days of low front to a sudden high front where the weather is nice. I just can't win.

I normally take tylenol cold and sinus (but you now have to buy it at a pharmacy here and sign a book) or try to get the generic version to save a few bucks. The other cold/sinus/allergy medicines just don't clear up my head.

But, I agree, if they don't stop soon you should go see a doctor. At the very least, you could be developing a sinus infection.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

But, I agree, if they don't stop soon you should go see a doctor. At the very least, you could be developing a sinus infection.
DH had a sinus infection about two weeks ago. My head doesn't feel stuffy or anything so I don't know. I guess it's possible.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope your headaches go away soon.

On a lighter note, do they increase or decrease in severity depending on the proximity of your DH? I remember my mom often saying that dad was giving her a headache.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had a headache every day since Friday. I figured on Friday it was from going to Canadas Wonderland but it hasn't gone away since then so I don't know. Mine is right in the back of my head and only really hurts if I move my head. If I keep it straight, it doesn't hurt too bad.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
luvmycat1 I hope you feel better soon. I get Migraines and the pain tends to be behind my eyes. Usually it is behind my left eye and it feels like someone is trying to push my eyeball out if my eye from the inside. Sometimes my migraines will come and go for days. It took a long time for this to be diagnosed as migraines instead of sinus headaches. If the pain does not go away soon you may need to go to the doctor. I have to go to the doctor when my migraines do not go away in 24 hours. I sometimes get rebound headaches if I wake up with a migraine. Perhaps you could try taking some Excedrine Migraine with a decongestant when the pain starts. I hope you find medicine that works soon.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get them all the time or maybe they never go away and I just don't notice them most of the time. I currently have one now, but it's not enough to bother me.

Other causes of headaches - eye strain, dry eye, eye problems in general. If you wear glasses or notice your vision even getting slightly blurry sometimes, you may need to get your eyes checked. Or just get them checked anyways - a thorough check and pressure test may discover health problems one has lurking elsewhere.
Medicines can cause headaches. It's a common side effect for many meds and is common from NSAIDS, acetaminophen, and painkillers - known as a rebound headaches.
Being high or low in a mineral or vitamin.
Blood pressure issues can cause headaches, both being high or low (or for the unlucky few that have it swing back and forth).

I'm pretty certain now that most of my headaches and migraines are related to my low blood pressure and low blood and oxygen levels that actually get to my brain.