Calling Gearheads!

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Im a lady gearhead! I have a 95 Sebring Lxi, and belong to a car club for sebring/avengers called "www.aseclub.net" for sebring and avenger owners, its a great site, VERY helpful no matter what you need/looking for.

I LOVE the look of both the Challenger and Charger. I like them both for the power packages avail for the R/T models. I like the 4 door version with the Charger, but love the sleek lines of the coupe Challenger. Would be SICK with lambo doors

I dunno tho, both offer the 5.7 Hemi with MDS, so i know im not worried about MPG. I jsut dont know how to choose between the two,lo. Im going to buy one or the other. My other option was a Saleen Mustang, or a GT 500, but gas mileage for those is HORRIBLE compared to the Charger or Challenger.

As you can guess, im a Mopar gal,lol. Any other gearheads out there?

sportbikemike

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Although I like mopars....I have to admit I'm somewhat of a "ricer". I have a 2004 Nissan 350Z (Nismo exhaust, suspension & body kit, JWT intake) and my project car, a 1973 Datsun 240Z.

In the past I've owned a Mustang GT, Dodge SRT-4, Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T, Mazda RX-7, Datsun 280Z and 280ZX, and a Miata.

strakatz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes but I have tendencies to dig the older rides. I do love the new 6.1 Challenger SRT8 but the 20k premium on them above sticker is something I refuse to do. I have a 70 Boss 429 Mustang that I bought when I graduated from hs back in 74. 40k on the odo and will pass anything on the road but a gas station. I don't drive her much as she's my retirement plan.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SportBikeMike

Although I like mopars....I have to admit I'm somewhat of a "ricer". I have a 2004 Nissan 350Z (Nismo exhaust, suspension & body kit, JWT intake) and my project car, a 1973 Datsun 240Z.

In the past I've owned a Mustang GT, Dodge SRT-4, Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T, Mazda RX-7, Datsun 280Z and 280ZX, and a Miata.

i rather define *ricer* as something OVER the top, like the CZ crystals in the rims of a car, or a *park bench* wing,lol.

I LOVE the 350z, its a sweet ride! I was looking at the 09 eclipse too, and the EVO, but the EVO is way out of my price range! A friend of mine had a Supra to bow down too, but sold it. I really wanted to hurt him,lol.

I was thinkin of either a TC1 or Viper kit for my sebring, along with catback and Purple Craze paint with a pearl coat undertone, maybe some NOS for looks, not like im going to get much speed out of my 2.5 V-6,lol. Though for a 1995 i dont have ANY rust, and she only has 86k on her. Heres a pic of her *unmolested* no mods yet,lol

I do need a new front bumper at least, cause a woodchuck decided he needed to commit fuzzy suscide, and run out in front of me on a busy highway,lol.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...2242008001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...2242008011.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...2242008003.jpg

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Strakatz

Yes but I have tendencies to dig the older rides. I do love the new 6.1 Challenger SRT8 but the 20k premium on them above sticker is something I refuse to do. I have a 70 Boss 429 Mustang that I bought when I graduated from hs back in 74. 40k on the odo and will pass anything on the road but a gas station. I don't drive her much as she's my retirement plan.
I too HATE the prem on the SRT8, its sickening! But if you order one vs try to get one on the lot, you dont pay thta extra, especially on the 09.

I have a HUGE soft spot for the older Mustangs, especially 64-69. Not to fond of the *bubble top* eras, nor the early 80's. Not to bad with the early 90's. I LOVE the styling of the GT500 and the Saleen, especially when Chip Foose gets ahold of one, OMG!!!

strakatz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I personally think that the 69-70 Mustangs were the best ones built but I might be biased.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I personally think that the 69-70 Mustangs were the best ones built but I might be biased.
always,lol. When you own a thing of beauty, of COURSE your going to be biased!

I think when i get my accident settlement done and over with, im going to splurge and get a old mustang to restore, frame off, and do it right. might take me a few years, but once im done, it will be my blood, sweat and tears, and be a thing to behold!

WHy not post up a pic of your pride?

sportbikemike

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Car looks nice Liza.

My alltime favorite Mustang was 'Eleanor' from 'Gone in 60 seconds'. Although I guess technically that was a Shelby.

I want a twin turbo or supercharger for the Tree Fiddys....but then again I speed too much as it is. I post up some pics tonite when I get home (don't have access here on work computer).

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

I'm a Subaru fan...does that count?
yup! I have seen ALOT of sick lookin WRX-STi's around. There fast as all he**, and sweet looking too with the boxer engine

I would have to say any car/truck that is your baby, that you take care of selflessly makes you a form of a gearhead

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Car looks nice Liza.

My alltime favorite Mustang was 'Eleanor' from 'Gone in 60 seconds'. Although I guess technically that was a Shelby.

I want a twin turbo or supercharger for the Tree Fiddys....but then again I speed too much as it is. I post up some pics tonite when I get home (don't have access here on work computer).
i LOVE that car!! Oh and the one in the 1st Fast&Furious a 1970 Dodge Charger R/t, god when they crashed that car i about cried! ( i know, car sap i am!)

I cant stand to see then crash such hot cars in movies, it should be against the law,hehe

sportbikemike

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

i LOVE that car!! Oh and the one in the 1st Fast&Furious a 1970 Dodge Charger R/t, god when they crashed that car i about cried! ( i know, car sap i am!)

I cant stand to see then crash such hot cars in movies, it should be against the law,hehe
I about cried during that too! That car was beautiful.Yeah and they smashed up Eleanor too. And in Fast & Furious 3: Tokyo Drift, they smashed up two Tree Fiddys (all the bad guys- Japanese mafia- drove 350Zs...) not to mention an RX-7 and an Evo among others. Sickening! I agree it should be illegal to smash up cool cars.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I about cried during that too! That car was beautiful.Yeah and they smashed up Eleanor too. And in Fast & Furious 3: Tokyo Drift, they smashed up two Tree Fiddys (all the bad guys- Japanese mafia- drove 350Zs...) not to mention an RX-7 and an Evo among others. Sickening! I agree it should be illegal to smash up cool cars.
TG im not alone! No wonder most my friends are guys, cause i would rather work on my car, watch a Yankees game/football/Nascar or even fish rather then read a book/shop or go to a beauty parlor,lol

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

I'm definitely not a gearhead, but Mustangs are my favorite cars. I never considered 69-70s "classic", though. I had a maroon '67 with a white leather roof for several years, and only sold it when I was about to move to Europe, and an acquaintance of my father offered me an absolutely obscene price, roughly 10x what the car had cost me, following a rough winter when the doors were constantly frozen shut.

I gave in and sold the car to him, but the sad part was that the guy only had it a few months before it was totally destroyed by a tractor-trailer whose driver "overlooked" the car when it was parked outside the supermarket he worked at. I still mourn the loss of that car! Of course, gas was far below $1 a gallon in those days (late 70s).

strakatz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

always,lol. When you own a thing of beauty, of COURSE your going to be biased!

WHy not post up a pic of your pride?
I would but for some reason I am unable to post attachments.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, now you've gone and done it ... a whole thread about being a gearhead! Sell my clothes, friends, because I've died and gone to Heaven! *giggle*

I guess you would have to call me a bit of a "ricer" as well. I have an '06 350Z Redline with a Nismo Version 2 front bumper, cannards, Version 1 side skirts and Version 1 foil and underspoiler. I also have the Nismo 18" racing rims on Nitto Invo tires. The next major project on this vehicle will be the turbo charger and a catback.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a Mopar gal! I cried when they took my 1972 440 Charger off on the flatbed. I have also had a Roadrunner just like the one Daisy Duke drove on the Dukes of Hazzard show, and a 318 Charger. I literally drove them them till the wheels fell off. I rolled the RR about 5 times in a corn field, and since it landed back on the wheels, I was able to drive it off. That was one tough car, my first muscle car and it got away from me on a curve. We pulled the dents out with a bathroom plunger. If I knew them what I know now, I would still have the 440. It would pass anything on the road but a gas station, though, so I wouldn't be as apt to drive it. I drive a Supercharged Buick Riviera now, or my old Chevy truck.I like my old truck, because in a pinch, I can work on it myself, given a manual and some time. I blew the dust off a mid90s Mustang on a straight stretch in my Riviera a few days ago. It was fun!
I love the lines of you Zs. It's hard to decide which looks best.