Kittens and traps?

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 3 kittens about 8-10 weeks old or so under my porch. I located and am borrowing a trap to get them so i can get them out from under the porch, and adopted out so i can trap mom and and whoever else is around and have them fixed.

I have noticed that the kitten are not heavy enough to trip the trap! What can i do?

They are eating the food, then walking out like its a food den,lol

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Uh-oh that is a problem

Can you set the tripping mechanism so it's just barely set? With mine, you can put the little lever part so it's just sitting on the wire and will be easily trapped.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thats what i ended up doing, cause no matter HOW heavy footed a cat,the trap wouldnt set off, so i set it now to be hair trigger, bump it and it goes off,lol

i did catch one, only cause i saw hom go in, so i tripped it myself. lil gal is sitting in my med sized kennel with food and water going " crap, how did this happen?,lol

one down, 3 more to go,lol. Hubby saw another, so it went from 3 to 4, seems like it never ends!lol

endorphins

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, geeze! Good luck with the others. I have to hand it to you all who trap these cats - talk about patience! Let us know how the rest goes?

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AAHhhh. Trap issues. You have my deepest sympathies. I have one that seems to know how to get out of traps. It is annoying to say the least.

The hair trigger idea is good for kittens. You may even be able to catch them all in one day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i think the rest got smart quick,lol.

I just checked the trap, and all the food is gone, but it didnt go off!

And the one i got is going EVERYWHERE but in the litterbox, so i think i need to move her into a smaller kennel.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

And the one i got is going EVERYWHERE but in the litterbox, so i think i need to move her into a smaller kennel.
put some outside dirt in the litterbox. or get the Cat Attract litter or additive - that worked well for Firefox [former feral].